Hey folks,

I have a friend that uses nero 7 premium to make dvds from .avi files...she's been using it without problems for quite a while but all of a sudden when she goes through setting up the dvd (adding the files>creating the menu and such) and starts the transcode/burn, the progress bar for "preparing to transcode" goes to 100% then the window disappears. no, it's not being minimized to tray...It's just not working.

I've already suggested uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail and googled like crazy but can't seem to find an answer....anyone else have this problem or any good guesses on a fix?

oops, left out that the OS is XP home

Edited by tictoc5150
Now there are many free burning apps that are so much better than Nero it's crazy to purchase it.

Usually I'd agree but looking at all the features of Nero (when it's working as it should, that is) I'd be surprised if you could find one app that does it all.

As for the problem, nothing wrong in device manager, nothing in the event viewer, other aspects of nero actually work without problems, such as burning discs of any kind as long as it doesn't involve transcoding...I'd be happy to install a replacement app for her at this point, as long as it can import divx/xvid .avis, create menus and burn a dvd.

I'm losing more geek status everyday that it doesn't work. :blink: