My Internet Connection Hates Me

I use Time Warner RoadRunner cable and I keep having problems. It will drop the connection 1-3 times a day. I do have my network secured. Let me tell you what I have done so far.

1) Had Time Warner come out (twice) and they say the connection is fine. They even switched the modem.

2) Tried using a second and third router. The routers were configured and worked but still lose the internet.

The only thing I can do is unplug the modem for a 1-2 min. then plug it back in. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Any ideas?

I use Time Warner RoadRunner cable and I keep having problems. It will drop the connection 1-3 times a day. I do have my network secured. Let me tell you what I have done so far.

1) Had Time Warner come out (twice) and they say the connection is fine. They even switched the modem.

2) Tried using a second and third router. The routers were configured and worked but still lose the internet.

The only thing I can do is unplug the modem for a 1-2 min. then plug it back in. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Any ideas?

I think this is what I was thinking of , a cable broadband signal booster

Motorola Signal Booster

I use Time Warner RoadRunner cable and I keep having problems. It will drop the connection 1-3 times a day.

I am also using Road Runner from Time Warner and having the EXACT same issues. A couple times a night, I will lose my connection for 30 seconds to 5 mins. I have no idea why, but we have yet to call them.

Let me know how it turns out, but I don't think its anything on your end.

Matt

I have the same problems with Charter. I will lose my signal at least 3 times a day. I then have to unplug my router(I count to 10) then plug it back in. But I have the same problem even when I am connected to the modem directly.

Deucehearts, Charter has been giving me fits the past two days....a friend who also has Charter called me last night to find out if we had internet and she told me there was a problem with a line (across the puddle from you--Michigan). I now call the 1-800 number and if I get a busy signal, yep, it's out all over!

Liz

My local RoadRunner abused friend just called and woke me up to reply to my question about his service. In the 5 years he has used it his connection constantlymesses up and he has to unplug his modem. His words are Time Warner acts like they did something then lies and still sends the monthly bill.

No offence, but sounds like your guys internet really sucks over there in the USA

My connection is great with Comcast but they are installing Fiber optics in the surrounding small towns (no cable service out there) and I here they are going you service our area for about the same as I'm pay for comcast. I may switch it is infinitely faster

nah I t doesn't suck that much It's just Comcast ain't available where I am or any DSL whatsoever. CPWS doesn't suck entirely it's just they were real poor at the beginning than improved but our connection stays on most of the time. But charter offers faster speeds for better prices and my parents are too stubborn to switch.

Wow! Pete. That's a pricey piece of equiptment. Does it really work on the "internet" side of the cable signal? We have 3 TV's and 2 computers pulling on our cable. Other than the ocasional glitch, (like yesterday) Charter has been pretty good to us.

A few thoughts: When I first hooked cable internet up, I had Charter come out to check things out because my TV was acting up. I'm telling you, the techs we have here are the greatest! He went from the corner of the street, down the drop line, into the basement, and played with the TV. (the old beast had bought the farm and was replaced) BUT, he also found a filter/blocker on the drop that would have made internet impossible. When he removed that he found corrosion on the cable end so he replaced the whole drop. Then he looked up and noticed the drop entered the house on the eves side of the roof. (where all the rain runs off) So he moved the ground block to the gable side and installed a protective box over the whole thing.

Short story? Deaf girl, call again and have them check all their connections outside of your house. I'd ask for a supervisor/head tech, explaining that you still have a problem. We all pay dearly for our ISP's and deserve the best service. Remember, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

I squeeked for 3 years before Time Warner fixed my cable TV service. They suck. I pay $110/month for cable TV and expect the same service I get from my phone company (Alltel) which is great. I only pay them $55/month for my phone and 3Mb/384Kb DSL.

:blink: holy crap you pay 110 just for TV. We have digital cable minus the movie channels plus a 768KB/256KB i think internet line and I think we pay somwhere aound 80-90. Edited by Honda_Boy
I squeeked for 3 years before Time Warner fixed my cable TV service. They suck. I pay $110/month for cable TV and expect the same service I get from my phone company (Alltel) which is great. I only pay them $55/month for my phone and 3Mb/384Kb DSL.

Thats pretty much what I tell Comcast when they keep calling to try to get me to sign up for cable internet.

They say this conversation may be recorded; I say is it , I want it to be and I want someone to review this.

I then spend a good five minutes telling them how when it gets hot in the Texas Sun and a line amp overheats

and I try to get a tech out while it is still hot enough to trace; that customer service tells me there is no record of a problem and sends a tech out three days later early in the morning when nothing is hot and no problem exists. I tell them about all the drop outs in digital on demand and other digital channels and about all the herringbone interference on the analog channels and say I will never abandon the excellent service ATT has provided me with on DSL.

:blink: holy crap you pay 110 just for TV. We have digital cable minus the movie channels plus a 768KB/256KB i think internet line and I think we pay somwhere aound 80-90.

I have their highest tier digital package that includes all the HBO, Showtime and Starz channels. I only watch about 18% of the channels but they are spread throughout the different tiers. I would like to see a law passed where the consumers can pick only the channels that they want. I am also stirring the pot in trying to overturn the monpoly of TW in the area.

I pay $135 for my setup, but that includes, cable, DSL, and my phone bill all together. It's the phone bill that screws up my price. everywhere outside of town is long distance. $30 for digital cable, $40 for my DSL, $60 appox. for phone a month. But I can't complain it's all on fiber optic. as for my cable the only thing I dont' have is the movie channels. If I want those, it will cost me an extra $10 a month for all of them.