Computer Protection

Guest Tony

Oh I so love it when I do a security scan and at the end all I see is this:

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

and

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open

0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

---------------------

1056 Ports Tested

ALL PORTS tested were found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: PASSED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,

- NO unsolicited packets were received,

- NO Ping reply (ICMP Echo) was received.

Don't cha just love computers SOMETIMES :D (when they do as there told)

"Don't cha just love computers SOMETIMES (when they do as there told)"

I love them most of the time.

If they don't do what they're told I just slap them around a little. And then run 20 or so utilities. ;)

PMSL :D:D

"PMSL"

I didn't get that until I looked it up.

Good one.

At first I thought it meant PMS L(ast chance to touch me for a long time). :rolleyes:

"Don't cha just love computers SOMETIMES (when they do as there told)"

I love them most of the time.

If they don't do what they're told I just slap them around a little. And then run 20 or so utilities. ;)

Tony. Where in New Zealand?

yo tony

over the years have been a member of

several message boards from techtv

to g4. to bbs. to worldstart, to drews world

forum dungeon.

and your only the second kiwi

ive seen on these boards in recent times

we had one lady at techtv who only posted twice

and didnt hear from her again

the only other board is world start

2 kiwis post now and then

one lives in ozzy

but used to come from christchurch

not far from where i live.

and the other has the user name of xkiwi

who now lives in canada.

so to me your a welcome poster

where do you come from

this should be an off topic post

but im in a hurry

im trying to get a slave drive to work

but it keeps giving me a blue screen

so i kicked. spat, and swore at it

and that makes me feel better

take care

marty

marty

and where is the fun in having all your ports locked down and in stealth mode?

Makes it more harder for hackers to get into your computer in invisible on the internet means that I can surf the internet and no have the destraction of a hacker trying to get in to my computer.

Makes it more harder for hackers to get into your computer in invisible on the internet means that I can surf the internet and no have the destraction of a hacker trying to get in to my computer.

Well thats no fun at all, you want to give them a chance. So its like a battle when they get in, your adrenaline starts pumping, you run to your command line, sweat dripping from your face, Thoughts in your mind "must not net them get credit card info"

You start up ip trace with the cops.... 5 mins.... they are almost full access in... oh no... you run to Start > run

format *:

1%.... 5%.... 20%.... 60%.... FINISHED!

Then you realized you were watching TV and you formatted everthing for nothibg, so you have to spend a week getting everything back

:P

Ok ya... i'm psycho... i realize that.

But honesty, its no fun being totally safe, i lookforward to my Ad-aware scans, if i get nothing i feel jipped, i havn't had a virus in 5 years..... i feel jipped.... my computer is sitting here ready to be taken over, i even turn off my firewall when im really bored in hopes of someone attacking me. Never happens.... yup...

Well thats no fun at all, you want to give them a chance. So its like a battle when they get in, your adrenaline starts pumping, you run to your command line, sweat dripping from your face, Thoughts in your mind "must not net them get credit card info"

Well you can attempt to get into my computer if you want to, well that is IF you can find an open port, cause I always make sure that my comptuer security is to my standard before anyone use's it etc....

You start up ip trace with the cops.... 5 mins.... they are almost full access in...

Haha, lol, there is a Hacker Trace in my firewall anyway, so I can trace back to the IP address and I forward all informtion to my ISP to dose the investiagtion. Even attempts I send throught (if the same IP address is came up more then 4 times.

oh no... you run to Start > run

format *:

Don't want to go through all that again lol

Then you realized you were watching TV and you formatted everthing for nothibg, so you have to spend a week getting everything back

For me to get everything back after something goes down with my comptuer would take me 2 weeks :( What happens when you have to much work things and personal things and photo's etc on there lol.

Awesome mate, been to the funny farm???? :P

But honesty, its no fun being totally safe, i lookforward to my Ad-aware scans, if i get nothing i feel jipped, i havn't had a virus in 5 years..... i feel jipped.... my computer is sitting here ready to be taken over, i even turn off my firewall when im really bored in hopes of someone attacking me. Never happens.... yup...

Yeah but, if you had to clean much malware off your computer as I did the last time I even had to redo my computer grrrr :angry2: damn things. So now I rather be safe then sorry, so I have upgraded all my security, and my firewall takes care of all malware and so does the verison of A2 that i have.

Why put up with it when you can prevent it and not have to worry about it happening to you? Hehe I hate dealing to malware from my computer aye I really do, but I only got into the malware side of things cause I see that there is to much of that crap on the internet so I want to help people and tell them to start practiseing there security or they possibily face it all over again.

Well you can attempt to get into my computer if you want to, well that is IF you can find an open port, cause I always make sure that my comptuer security is to my standard before anyone use's it etc....

You start up ip trace with the cops.... 5 mins.... they are almost full access in...

Haha, lol, there is a Hacker Trace in my firewall anyway, so I can trace back to the IP address and I forward all informtion to my ISP to dose the investiagtion. Even attempts I send throught (if the same IP address is came up more then 4 times.

oh no... you run to Start > run

format *:

Don't want to go through all that again lol

For me to get everything back after something goes down with my comptuer would take me 2 weeks :( What happens when you have to much work things and personal things and photo's etc on there lol.

Awesome mate, been to the funny farm???? :P

Yeah but, if you had to clean much malware off your computer as I did the last time I even had to redo my computer grrrr :angry2: damn things. So now I rather be safe then sorry, so I have upgraded all my security, and my firewall takes care of all malware and so does the verison of A2 that i have.

Why put up with it when you can prevent it and not have to worry about it happening to you? Hehe I hate dealing to malware from my computer aye I really do, but I only got into the malware side of things cause I see that there is to much of that crap on the internet so I want to help people and tell them to start practiseing there security or they possibily face it all over again.

Edited by irregularjoe

why would a hacker want to get into your compt

unless you are a bank or a bizness man

i cant see the reason

i read where hackers only enter 2 percent

of the recipeints compt

and 99 percent go for a valid reason

not because they want to get into

tonys or martys compt

ive use a compt for ten years

[nine of them has been as a learner]

and no hacker has been into mine

nor ninety percent of the posters here .

so i cant see your reasoning

marty

Why is that? I dont give out that info so easy

I'm interested in New Zealand, that's why.

Never mind.

J

hi jo what do you want to know about new zealand

contact sultan

he studies nz culture and he belongs to a message board there

as well i can tell you all you want to know

marty

Why is that? I dont give out that info so easy

I'm interested in New Zealand, that's why.

Never mind.

J

hi jo what do you want to know about new zealand

contact sultan

he studies nz culture and he belongs to a message board there

as well i can tell you all you want to know

marty

Thanks Marty!

NZ just seems to be such a sane, beautiful country, from what I've read.

I'm particularly interested in Christchurch. Didn't know you were from there.

I might ask you questions about NZ from time to time, if that's ok.

I'd love to visit the country.

Also didn't know Sultan was from NZ.

Thanks for the reply,

Joe

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open

0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

---------------------

1056 Ports Tested

What really concerns me is that after scanning 1056 ports they declare you to be invulnerable when there

are 65535 ports .

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

What if someone tries to get in on one of the ports that this program is ignoring?

By my count you are 1.6% protected and 98.4 % potentially vulnerable.

Some to worry about

3939/tcp Anti-virus Application Management Port

3939/udp Anti-virus Application Management Port

3955/tcp p2pCommunity

3955/udp p2pCommunity

4672/tcp remote file access server

4672/udp remote file access server

Let you search through and look .

Edited by Pete_C