I Think Im Deaf

I think im deaf i've had a ear infection for a week the doctor gave me some antibiotics this morning I got up and cant hear nothing!! :( I went to the ER that was fun the doctor had to write so I could understnd him he said if I cant hear in 24 hours to come back can a ear infection make you go deaf? this is really scaring me

Woah, that is scary! But USUALLY it takes many nasty ear infections before loss of hearing. It's probably due to fluid or swelling inside your ear, blocking the ear drum, or a chunk of wax in the wrong place and probably temporary. Keeping my fingers crossed for you to get better quickly!

Liz

I've never had an infection make me go deaf but I've woke up to an ear full of wax and it took me 20 minutes of diggin to hear out that ear again.

Edited by Honda_Boy

The infection can cause temporary loss of hearing (permanent if it's not fixed up), and some anti-biotics have hearing loss as a side-effect (which worries me more, they told you to come back? What if it IS the anti-biotics? I'll just presume the ER knew what you were taking and ruled that out as the cause).

Glad it's gittin' better already. :)

hey you poor bugger

i hope you haven got a pin hole in your eardrum

sometimes caused by infection

gee it must be confusing for you

i have hearing aids

but i can hear with out them

tho mine was accident related

i see you are starting to get your hearing back

good one

keep us posted

and take care

good luck

marty

Edited by martymas
I think im deaf i've had a ear infection for a week the doctor gave me some antibiotics this morning I got up and cant hear nothing!! :( I went to the ER that was fun the doctor had to write so I could understnd him he said if I cant hear in 24 hours to come back can a ear infection make you go deaf? this is really scaring me

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????????

Glad to hear (bad pun intended) that your hearing has returned bud!

Although losing your vision would be the scariest thing I could imagine, losing your hearing is right up there.

I went completely deaf for awhile there back in the early 90's, but mine was due to a bad marriage, and cleared up completely after I left her...;)

Hope this makes you laught and sorry if people take offence to this,

but at least if your partner complains at you every day, you would have 24 hour releaf of this lol :thumbsup::D