Getting Rid Of The "no Connection To Internet" Box

Just a quick question:

Is there a way to STOP windows/ie from displaying the "No connection to the internet exists" box when you try to surf to sites?

Every once and awhile I get these boxes, and I have to click "try again" to get the system to continue to the site, and I am unsure how to stop this behavior - when I do "try again, it works well, but its just annoying......

any ideas??

Brian

Just a quick question:

Is there a way to STOP windows/ie from displaying the "No connection to the internet exists" box when you try to surf to sites?

Every once and awhile I get these boxes, and I have to click "try again" to get the system to continue to the site, and I am unsure how to stop this behavior - when I do "try again, it works well, but its just annoying......

any ideas??

Brian

Thats easy - IE 6

Brian

how much do you get for pushing the firefox barrow

ive used IE for a very long time and

i haven had any trouble.

i used firefox twice and

it was forever lasting deleting my cookies.

so i did what i should have done in the first place

uninstalled it

every one to their own no one needs people trying

to push some thing on others.

to much of that goes on at g4.

not here

marty

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Wont get the error with Firefox, plus firefox is safer/better ^^

That is like hiding under the bed from the Bogey man. He asked for a solution to his problem and another browser isn't the answer. IE is fine. Have never used anything else and no worry's here. Why is it safer and better? Cause somebody told you? They all have their little quirks. Wish I had that link that showed there were more flaws in the other browsers then there were in IE. Yeah, you read that last sentence right. Put it this way. If there was a bag of pennies, a bag of nickles, and a bag of $100.00 bills laying on the ground in front of you and you thought that you could get away with stealing just one of them, which one would you grab???

Edited by MrBill
Is this happening to Emmanuel or Defiant or both?

TT75:

I was using Emmanuel most times, and it seems to do it more often on Emmanuel - However, Defiant (WIN2KPRO) seems to do it sometimes too - seems to be no way to get rid of this behavior that I have seen.

Brian

If this is occurring to both I would look at the router. Check all of it's settings. I would also try resetting the DSL modem and router. Unplug the power to both for about a minute then plug in the power to the modem and then the router.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
Wish I had that link that showed there were more flaws in the other browsers then there were in IE.

you mean the link that tells how FF has more flaws that have been patched compare to IE. That information is not as accurate as most people think. the only flaws that are found, are the ones that have been reported and fixed.

unfortunately people have a tendancy to think that just because more flaws were fixed means that it is more insecure. thats not true. it's not the number of flaws as much as how many of the found ones have been fixed and in what amount of time they were fixed.

Below you will find the pie charts detailing the differences between IE and FF. they are pretty much self explanatory. so if you look at the facts which one is truely more secure??

post-161-1138040735_thumb.jpgpost-161-1138040750_thumb.jpg

Information source http://www.secunia.com

I don't use ff only for the tabbed browsing, I use it for other reasons that IE doesn't have. Such as more control over the passwords, and more control over the cookies, I can remove just one or all. in IE you can only remove them all if I recall correctly.

also with ff you can change how it looks. last I knew you can't do that with IE unless you have windowblinds or something similar.

I don't use ff only for the tabbed browsing, I use it for other reasons that IE doesn't have. Such as more control over the passwords, and more control over the cookies, I can remove just one or all. in IE you can only remove them all if I recall correctly.

also with ff you can change how it looks. last I knew you can't do that with IE unless you have windowblinds or something similar.

I can remove single cookies from IE right from the cookie folder. IE remembers my passwords for sites with no problems. I don't need to lockdown IE with a password due to no one uses my computers but myself. I have IE fairly secured with IE-Spyad, MVP hosts file and it's security settings at the max. As far as eye candy it doesn't make it run any better. Of course I mostly use Opera because of the tabs, better security, easier cookie management and it is less memory intensive than IE or Firefox.