I would like to build a computer built for graphics

I do alot of graphics editing like flash,adobe photoshop, Ulead photoimpact 3d max and video editing

also so i need a computer that is is able to have a firewire and usb 2.0 on the motherboard to plug in videocamera and digitalcamera

all ideas welcome and no i do not want a MAC

I would like to build a computer built for graphics

I do alot of graphics editing like flash,adobe photoshop, Ulead photoimpact 3d max and video editing

also so i need a computer that is is able to have a firewire and usb 2.0 on the motherboard to plug in videocamera and digitalcamera

all ideas welcome and no i do not want a MAC

You do not need a super Computer for flash, photoimpact or photoshop. The key will be the RAM the more the better. Program control (this mean knowing what you have and why the heck it is running at any given momment) Everything does not need to start with windows. I am employed as a computer graphic operator and I also do not use a MAC. My work PC is just a AMD XP 2200 (1.7 ghz) with a gig of RAM and a ATI Radeon 9200 (128 MB) graphic card. I have open all the time Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe Illustrator, Streamline, and MusicMatch I feel no slow down at all. you may need more kick for the video editing that I would not know about.

Preston

Ya, for video editing you might want 2 gigs of ram. I know Adobe After Effects/Premiere use the RAM for quick previews of your movie and what not. You wont go wrong wtih 1, but for graphics, rhema is right, its about the ram. And a really really big Hard Drive.

What the previous posts said is good until you get to the video editing...for that I'd recommend the fastest processor and the most hard drive space you can afford. If you've ever seen how long it takes to render video, you'll thank yourself for the faster processor....the slower the processor the more useless the PC is to you until it's done.