Bittorrent With Dynamic Ip

I assume you are behind a NAT router that you have access to (you own it).

If the router supports it (check the manual) you should be able to use UPnP (universal plug and play) to get through the NAT router (at this point I should mention I have never done this.). Go to options and select the UPnP entry in the tree. Enabling this should allow azureus to open the ports on the router for you. This will get you arround the problem with the dynamic IP because the IP that the port is being forwarded to is just the IP that azureus is located at.

This is azureus' Wiki explaining UPnP and should be the next place to look for more info on the subject.

It is turned on but i still getting NAT problems

Iv already tried everything in the WIKI but its really not working

Sir Siddy, i have been having the same problem with Azurues ever since I updated it a while back. I have a Linksys router and i have also tried that wiki guide and what not. and its still not working. so i switched over to ABC and my torrents always stay on green now.

You could try using DMZ (DE MILITARIZED ZONE). Its bascially putting you directly on the connection. You will no longer be protected by NAT so youll need to have your firewall enabled.

DMZ can be enabled on most routers, check your manual to see how to set it up.

Pierce

You could try using DMZ (DE MILITARIZED ZONE). Its bascially putting you directly on the connection. You will no longer be protected by NAT so youll need to have your firewall enabled.

DMZ can be enabled on most routers, check your manual to see how to set it up.

Pierce

DMZ does work but then it isnt very secure and bittorrent often gets stuck at 99% when in DMZ mode. Wich firewall?

Iv been thinking though that ill put my self in DMZ and download a firewall. Do you have any suggestions? I have tried kerio but it doesnt like battlefield 2 very much and crashes alot when I am playing. Very strange

i like agnitum outpost, and yes DMZ isnt as secure, thus the mention of the firewall.

They say though that the windows firewall is fine, and anything else is just extra memory but thats other people.

Ive never needed to use DMZ in bittorent, p2p etc etc, because most of this stuff is state-ed, not state-less as your not acting a server.

Sorry for the lecture but heres how NAT works. Lets take e-amil. You check your pop mail on port 110, to mail.server.com, your NAT device, usualy an all in one device, says "computer with ip accessed mail.server.com on port 110", mail.server.com comes back on 110 and the nat device knows what computer the orginal signal came from, thus its "stated".

However, if your running a server, the nat device doesnt know this, thus you have to set port forwarding, use DMZ or whatever other strategy to get around this, this is because theres no inital state behind the nat, so its state-less.

The usage of nat is wonderfull it does violate the RFC of the internet standards, such as that each computer should have its own ip, but it also stops problems such as port scanning, reduces viruses and so on.

Thats why people who are directly connected to the internet using their cable modem find they are as vunrable as dialup users, and dsl people feel they are not as vunrable because they usualy have an all in one, with NAT.

Pierce