What Do You Have To Do To Get Your Day Going?

Hey Shadow Thomas,

I certainly hope your back pain resolves itself and you can get some relief! Back pain is the worst. I've got a nagging back injury that re-appears once in awhile.

Does physiotherapy help at all?

Take care.

hitest

hmmm, my day (actually night -> third shifter)...

alarm goes off @ 8:45pm...hit the snooze about 5 times (=45 minutes)

light a smoke and try to head to the bathroom

shower/grooming/getting dressed = 15 minutes (ok, maybe longer but I can be a little late for work)

take inventory of pockets to make sure I have everything, light another smoke.

jump in the car, no time for warming it up...haul ass to 7/11 to get my 24oz. coffee

walk into work (about 10:00pm) looking like a sociopath so people keep their distance until I've finish the aforementioned coffee, light another smoke...

yell at my subordinates a few times and I'm good to go. :lol:

Breathe, open eyes, potty, coffee, cigarette and the computer. Feed dogs, put on uniform, more coffee, computer, off to work.... Weekends, more coffee, cigs and computer.....

You make your dogs wait for food? I would never get any sleep if they knew they would get fed when I woke up. Mine have a bowl that never runs dry (they let me know if it has).

Actually they generally get me up in the morning. I can tell if it is cold or bad weather out because they will sleep in; good weather and they will get me up at dawn. Top that off with the alpha female will get me up if any of them need to go out to do their business in the middle of the night (Rottweiler Lab about 95lbs , jumps on and off bed and stares in my face to see if I am awake yet until I get up). The new pup (60 lb 8mo Rhodesian Ridgeback) has picked this up, but instead she sticks her tongue so far down my ear it feels like she is licking my eardrum then licks the top of my head until I get up.

I am woke up pretty much daily in one hell of a lot of back pain, anyhow I lay there for a few thinking, what is the best way to get out of bed without causing more pain. The first few steps are the worst because my ankles feel like they are going to break in a million pieces.

I went through something very similar. The ankle problem (I described it as I could not make my feet work for several minutes after getting up. Tremendous lower back pain.) makes me wonder. It turned out that due to various problems with my mattress and how I slept I was pinching my sciatic nerve in my sleep. The back pain was a referred pain and the ankle problem was the pinched nerve. The solution was to sleep with a body pillow or a pillow between my legs so that the hip is cantilevered and the pressure relieved. Took some time getting used to it, but that solved it. In fact it turns out that with the exception of actual back injuries (crushed or exploded disks) most back pain is actually referred pain from lower down meaning the foot or ankle is causing improper weight distribution on the knees and this results in pinching of nerves and pain felt higher up. Good shoes (boots) with a solid sole and tight laced ankle support helps most cases.

Edited by Pete_C

My morning routine is boring....maybe that is why it is a routine.

Turn alarm off, get in the shower, spike my hair, brush my teeth... done...off to work in under 15 mintues...no additives needed

**Edit**

I occasionally put some clothes on somewhere in there, but just a minor detail

Edited by Vile_DR
You make your dogs wait for food? I would never get any sleep if they knew they would get fed when I woke up. Mine have a bowl that never runs dry (they let me know if it has).

Actually they generally get me up in the morning. I can tell if it is cold or bad weather out because they will sleep in; good weather and they will get me up at dawn. Top that off with the alpha female will get me up if any of them need to go out to do their business in the middle of the night (Rottweiler Lab about 95lbs , jumps on and off bed and stares in my face to see if I am awake yet until I get up). The new pup (60 lb 8mo Rhodesian Ridgeback) has picked this up, but instead she sticks her tongue so far down my ear it feels like she is licking my eardrum then licks the top of my head until I get up.

Sometime my Great Dane just running around my room, i tend to close my door all the time for privacy. When my great dane run around in my room, then i know he need to go to his dumping station (backyard). And when i was watching tv, he always come to me and snare at my bed, so i know he want to get on my bed and sleep with me. But sometime i said no, and he just use his head to push me, then i laughs and keep saying no, then finally let him. who can resist his sad great dane puppy eyes with his big wet nose, it so CUTE! good thing i got him

My family having a hard time with him, sometime my bro want him off the sofa, he wont move until i tell him to, so my dog did. Sometime my great dane got in the tv way, and my family complained about it, so i put this serious face and told him to sit, he sit. it really funny. But he always know i love him, no matter what. i wouldn't sell him at all. he a good dog, but often a dumb dog, but i dont care, i love him

I went through something very similar. The ankle problem (I described it as I could not make my feet work for several minutes after getting up. Tremendous lower back pain.) makes me wonder. It turned out that due to various problems with my mattress and how I slept I was pinching my sciatic nerve in my sleep. The back pain was a referred pain and the ankle problem was the pinched nerve. The solution was to sleep with a body pillow or a pillow between my legs so that the hip is cantilevered and the pressure relieved. Took some time getting used to it, but that solved it. In fact it turns out that with the exception of actual back injuries (crushed or exploded disks) most back pain is actually referred pain from lower down meaning the foot or ankle is causing improper weight distribution on the knees and this results in pinching of nerves and pain felt higher up. Good shoes (boots) with a solid sole and tight laced ankle support helps most cases.

sometime i got a back pain, so only solution for me is to put my back on a proper posture and the pain goes away. im very used to proper posture, that explain why my chest look buff.... but it not really buff (SHHHHH, ladies dont need to know this ^_^ )

Edited by DarkestDream