How To Remove The Sony - Xcp Drm Rootkit

Also in theory, the next windows update will include sony rootkit removal tool in the malicious software automated removal . Although given the dangers involved in having this on your system if you know how to follow grinlers steps and you know you are infested you should not wait.

Also in theory, the next windows update will include sony rootkit removal tool in the malicious software automated removal . Although given the dangers involved in having this on your system if you know how to follow grinlers steps and you know you are infested you should not wait.

i have concerns on that. i know MS know it own Windows on root level, but the problem is, do they know how to deal with Sony's rootkit? do they know it source code, do they know how it works is you try to do something with it?

• 2 weeks later...
the link on the bleepingcomputer site for the offical uninstaller is wrong it should be

http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/english/updates.html

this removes everything all the protection the whole 9 yards :thumbsup: the patch on the xcp-aurora site only uncloaks :ph34r:

I hate to say but the link at BleepingComputer does lead to your link. :ph34r:

XCPaurora.gif