Old Timers Cell Handset.

Oh Yeah!!!  A big handset that I can prop on my shoulder and do dishes while I talk!!!!  The "original hands free phone".  Boy, I miss those things.  Hope they bring "retro" back to landline handsets :thumbsup:

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you imagine seeing one of these while in traffic? Maybe with the adapter that props it on your shoulder. :D

NOTICE:

Don't drive while talking on your cell, it's bad. :) And if you must, use a hands free headset.

BH

"Don't drive while talking on your cell, it's bad"

Good advice, Brian!!!!  We need National Anti-celldriving laws!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your not far from the truth there. Not sure how many times in the past year I had to swerve to miss getting hit. And there's not all that many people where I live. Can't even picture a big city are crowded area.

Oh, me too, Jsky!!! Especially in the grocery store parking lots (although that's where I am all the time, it seems)

In Denmark, they have a very strict law against driving while cell chatting--the fine is astronomical. It's not unusual at all to see cars there pulled over to the side of the road and someone talking on their cell. If we were to institute a law like that here, the fines could cure the economy!!! :thumbsup:

Liz

You bet we need a cell/drivers law. I'm on the road 1/2 a day everyday, and 99 times outta 100 if someone does something *STUPID* they're on a dang cell..... You're right Blim, I know our locals have a "click it, or ticket" day every so often to stuff the treasury. The UK is tough on them too...

You bet we need a cell/drivers law. I'm on the road 1/2 a day everyday, and 99 times outta 100 if someone does something *STUPID* they're on a dang cell..... You're right Blim, I know our locals have a "click it, or ticket" day every so often to stuff the treasury. The UK is tough on them too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I commute in DC, where the beltway moves at about 85 miles an hour with 2 car lengths between cars in the fast lane (no exageration). Add cell drivers and aggressive dump trucks, and you get a picture of my day. I am so frustrated that I actually considered building or buying a cell jammer. The problem is, they are highly illegal. Sometimes I actually think it might be worth it if were just a fine, but I wouldn't want to go to jail. I'm too pretty for jail (not really :D).

The worst thing is, people could so improve their driving by just buying a headset. You can even get cheap phones with voice dial, I just don't get it. I occassionally have to use my cell while driving, but I keep it short and it better be important. My wife and daughter call, but after a few times of telling them to keep it short and sweet they caught on.

Now, if the traffic is at a dead stop, go ahead and talk away, but hang up when you hit 35.

<steps down off soapbox>

BH

I see many of these cell/drivers who can't seem to concentrate on their driving. I was hauling a loader on a trailer on the highway and going the posted speed limit (62 mph). This guy catches up to me in a 1/2 ton and begins to weave in and out trying to pass me. This stretch of highway has some small hills and curves besides the on coming traffic so this guy is becoming very impatient and agitated. Finally he gets his chance and just pins his truck and passes, then cuts right in front of me (real close) as to make a point I guess and shaking his head and flipping me the bird.

Well as we're heading down the road I see in his the rear truck window that he looks down at something a couple of times. You guessed it, it was his cell ringing. So now he's talking on his cell and in the mean time he starts to slow down driving speed. First thing you know we're driving at least 10 mph slower and I'm now tail gating this guy now. This goes on for about 2 miles and when he appears to have finished his conversation he puts his cell away and pins his truck and speeds off.

But you know....just when I think ok now I've seen it all....ya well <_<

Hope they bring "retro" back to landline handsets
I still have one of those, dial numbers on it... The last inspection sticker on it was 1972. I keep it around because I believe it will ring forever.... Not like the over priced ones now, that die on cue yearly.
I still have one of those, dial numbers on it... The last inspection sticker on it was 1972. I keep it around because I believe it will ring forever.... Not like the over priced ones now, that die on cue yearly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I took a lot of those things apart, and I have to agree. They really don't make things like they used to. This is the price we pay for cheap technology. The last old type phone we bought was 50 dollars in 1979 (expensive). I also think this was a function of the phone company having to maintain the equipment. Build quality, pass the cost on to the consumer. They had you, because you were forced to buy the phone from them.

I loved the old ringer phones, my first mod was silencing a ringer to keep the school from calling my mother to report I was skipping...:D

BH

... my first mod was silencing a ringer to keep the school from calling my mother to report I was skipping...:D

BH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doh! I wish I had been that creative. To this day I cringe when I hear an old-fashioned ringer ("I'm gonna get caught, I'm gonna get caught ... ").