Hey cannon, I understand being leary about installing SP2. I'm still waiting a while before installing it on my laptop since laptops are having a lot of issues with it. Just because your cousin's computer had slow-down problems doesn't mean yours will. Just make sure you keep your computer cleaned up with all the necessary scanners and cleaners.

I had SP2 on my desktop, running smoothly for a month and a half with no issues. Last night I reformatted my master Hard Drive and am reinstalling windows. (Not that I had any problems with SP2, it was just long due for a reformat and reinstall long before I even installed SP2.)

Once I've got XP reinstalled, I plan on installing SP2 back onto it. I don't foresee having any problems with it, but I'll keep you up to date on it.

BTW....How much RAM does your Cousin have? How much RAM do you have? Did you look to see if this, or the CPU might be the issue? (Maybe it's not fast enough to handle everything?) Just a thought, if you hadn't checked into it already.

Did you also check to see if you had any programs that were listed as incompatible or had issues with SP2? I found some great links with information about Incompatible Programs with SP2 in this GOOGLE search.

I believe there might be some issues with hardware incompatability as well; you might want to google that too.