The Pet Shop

Here's my Pet Dog, iCybie..

Don't have to Feed him, take him to the Vet, Walk Him..  No fleas, No Barking, no sheeding, no peeing or pooping on the floor, and when I'm tired of him I just turn him off..

hahahaha... he's a fun toy..

icybie.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aww you're losing out Keith ...Nothin says lovin' like a little pee puddle when your puppie comes to greet ya, after a long day :D

My partner won't walk our Bishon Poo but will walk the Chow /Spitz mix! He says it's a guy thing. "Guys don't walk little dogs... grunt!"

Here's my Pet Dog, iCybie..

Don't have to Feed him, take him to the Vet, Walk Him..  No fleas, No Barking, no sheeding, no peeing or pooping on the floor, and when I'm tired of him I just turn him off..

hahahaha... he's a fun toy..

icybie.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aww you're losing out Keith ...Nothin says lovin' like a little pee puddle when your puppie comes to greet ya, after a long day :D

My partner won't walk our Bishon Poo but will walk the Chow /Spitz mix! He says it's a guy thing. "Guys don't walk little dogs... grunt!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naw... I'm fine with him...

I had pets when I was a kid and Cats when I was living in Houston...

I hate it when they die after you get so attached to them..

my dog...his name is "Donno"...maltese...4 1/2 years old...9 pounds of terror...value appro. $1,000

was given to me by my best friend who died of lung cancer in may of this year.

he won't chase a rabbit but loves to chase armadillos.

donno.jpg

Edited by bearskin

About 18 months ago my niece dropped off her dog for me to watch until she found a new home for him. I guess seeing as I still have him it could now be considered my pet. Samson is a 3 year old Pit Bull, Shar Pei, Rottweiler and Chocolate Lab mix that weighs 70 pounds. He is extemely protective of the kids and I. He is on hyper drive for 8 hours a day then sleeps the other 16.

i have a dog that is just a dog. have no clue what she is. some kinda hounda mixed with some kinda terrior. she's got the rib cage like a grey hound but has the markings of a Jack russel terrior and a head kinda like a labs. she weighs bout 40 pounds. lovable once she gets to know ya otherwise she just howls and barks at ya. she don't bite though she's kind of a wuss. softest and smoothest fur you'll ever pet. ultra powerdul jaws. most dogs chew on a big rawhide bone for a long while. she downed one in a couple of minutes. her name is Mille (pronounced Mill-ē) dad and co worker named her when co-worker found her. based off a name of project called Millenium.

I also have a cat. she looks like a silver haired tabby and is the sweetest and friendliest cat on earth. wraps around legs and purs constanly. she don't care who you are she just wants to get love and give love. hops up in your lap and waits for a good head scratchin'. her name is Kitty. mom named her. she was being kind of a smart ass but the name stayed and other nicknames for her as well.

i like my cat a little more cause the dog was supposed to be mine, but she kinda disowned me for my mom. the cat absolutely loves me. she loves me more than anyone therefore she's mine.

Edited by Honda_Boy

These descriptions are hilarious and really tell the personality of your critters--I've been laughing a lot!!

Everyone here has probably already heard of Sandy the dog--her mother is a purebred golden retriever and her father "comes from a good neighborhood"--oops! (she looks like a 9 month old retriever, which makes people tell me she'll "outgrow her puppy behavior"....she's almost 10 years old, I don't think she'll outgrow anything....), but on the inside, she's a "mighty dingo/rotweiller mix" and confused as to whether she is a dog, a cat (she purrs and rubs your legs like a cat, she grew up with cats), or a human......living with us, no wonder she is confused, but honestly, she came that way....she did, she did!!

We rescued her from an abusive home and I had many folks tell me to "put her to sleep, she isn't worth it"....but with a little bit of love, she has turned out to be a great dog. A little neurotic, (yeah, she occasionally pees on the floor when excited, but she's down to only a couple times a year now; and if its windy, I'm sleeping on the couch so she can "protect me"....) but she is now happy, loves laps, and is gentle as a lamb with kids (unless they are teenaged boys...big boys play rough, so she can play rough, right???)

Liz

just wandering if any of you would like talk about your pets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was a kid I had a cat! Her name was poochie..............go figure :D Any way, to this day I'm still a cat person................cats love me:-)

two dogs, one cat, two cockatiels and a ball python. Also a fish tank, tropicals.

one dog, half chow half shar pei 9 yrs old, rolls of fur. Grouchy with everyone but family

second dog, chiahuahua is actually son's dog. He has one eye, lost the other in a fight with a bigger dog. Still thinks he can beat up the chow. The cat beats up the chiahuahua, just in play

My two 'girls' are Sammie and Cookie. Sammie is a Maine Coon Cat...all hair! She's a 'rescue' cat that I adopted when she was 4. She's now 9. When I got her she was so depressed. Now, she thinks she runs the show. I have to keep reminding her I'm the head female around here...lol. Cookie is a Tuxedeo Cat. Her markings are so close to a real jacket and white shirt. She even has a cumberbund across her tummy. She is also a 'rescue' cat...rescued from my step-daughter (we won't even go there). Got her when she was 10 weeks old and she is now 4. She use to go on the Big Truck with Hubby, but when I had to quit riding with him, she stayed home with me.

These 2 are a great source of fun and laughter. I've always been a cat lover and enjoy their company. I don't mind dogs, and some are just sooo cute. However, when you are 2 years old and a big dog rips your cheek out, you tend to keep your distance. Not afraid of them, just watchful.

Any others out there that have 'rescue' pets?

Hey mac...

Forgive me if you've mentioned your pets and i missed that. Do you keep pets?

i'm sure i have some windy post here about our critters. Cuz i love 'em like crazy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you don't know yet? ok well they're not really living pets but i like them anyways. i have a pair of robotic mice. all they were supposed to do is go around the house each morning and hug the walls and build a map of things. i took out the small memory chip and hooked up a 1 Gig flash drive, copied their programing to it and made a few changes to the programing, added a light sensor and several motion sensors. now are the weirdest most screwed up robots i've ever seen. one of the coolest parts is that they dock themselves into these chargers at night which look like large cheese slices now. i have robotic mice that live in giant cheese houses. it freaks most people out at first.

These descriptions are hilarious and really tell the personality of your critters--I've been laughing a lot!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmmm...... all i have to say is, nooo comment! :lol:

does anyone have any funny stories about their pets?

One of my funniest stories about a dog was "Punkey" She was 16 pounds soaking wet and *hated* water. She would walk up to the pond and try to figure out how to get a drink without getting her feets wet.

While camping with friends, we had four other dogs out playing "sticks" in the pond. 3 Corgies and one German short hair. Well, the "Punk" was standing well up the bank watching the fools splashing into the water for the stick, when someone tossed it over her head into the water. She got ran over by about 200 pounds of stick chasing dogs... rolled over and over under their feet, ended up about 6 feet out in the pond.. Looked up soaking wet, with a question mark over her head.(like, WTF?) I'm sure she was wondering what truck hit her... She, ever after, approched that pond from the edge with the willows and not the beach.

Punky.jpg

This pup came home in my pocket, was set down on the floor in front of two large dogs. One a Bluetick hound and the German Shorthair. Looked up at them and began barking. Hence the name, when I said, "you're one tough little punk" She ruled the roost for 2 weeks shy of 17 years. She never hesitated to put the big dogs into the corner with their tails tucked. Eveyone loved her, she was a dogs, dog. Never learned (refused?) any tricks, came when she felt like it, and was the best momma of 3 litters totaling eleven pups.

Any delivery person (mail, UPS, Fed Ex and etc.) cringe in fear when they stop at my place because of Samson's attitude. You can see the detest in his eyes and snarl when these people approach. A few times he has broken his cable and gone after them. He has never bitten anyone but me for trying to punish him. I believe he did this out of perceived fear due to my snarl and the evil look in my eyes. This mean ass mutt has one tiny thing that scares him immensely. One strike of lightning and this 70 pound nasty fuzzball starts whimpering and tries to crawl in my lap.

Any delivery person (mail, UPS, Fed Ex and etc.) cringe in fear when they stop at my place because of Samson's attitude. You can see the detest in his eyes and snarl when these people approach. A few times he has broken his cable and gone after them. He has never bitten anyone but me for trying to punish him. I believe he did this out of perceived fear due to my snarl and the evil look in my eyes. This mean ass mutt has one tiny thing that scares him immensely. One strike of lightning and this 70 pound nasty fuzzball starts whimpering and tries to crawl in my lap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They say (quote) An animal takes after it's owner. (unquote/)

Now we know the truth about TheTerrorist_75. Mean looking, but still a kitten.....LOL

storm5i259kw.jpg

" You know I don't like to be kept waiting, this door should already be open!"

I always liked cats but never had one of my own. A roommate "surprised" me with a teensy kitten, he had fallen for the "runt of the litter" and bought her for me. I tried not to get too attached (couldn't say why, just where I was at that point in time), I hadn't even bothered to name her. "No name" was a bit awkward (and embarrassing) when she was old enough for her first visit to the vet, where she had to stay overnight.

The next day I arrived at the vet's to claim the cat. A nurse brought her out of the back room, just a teensy ball of fur in her hands, shivering, meowing weakly, almost afraid to peek out from between the nurse's fingers, just scared out of her poor little wits. Until her eyes met mine ... Her eyes opened wide and she nearly struggled out of the nurse's hands, meowing strongly as she reached her paws out toward me. "Meow! Meow! Meow!" (Translation: "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" -- Implied: "You came back! I love you SO MUCH!") :wub:

Jeez.

She turned out to be a tough one, chasing away intruders, hissing at anyone who dared to approach her, and keeping the wildlife at bay. Since she was such a pistol and a big ol' puff o' stormy-grey fur I named her Storm.

Always slept curled up by my head, woke me up every morning by kneeding my stomach (GET UP!).

I have two dogs, a Beagle and a Lab, both female.

The Beagle is a true hound. She is 9 years old, nearsighted, and barks at the slightest movement. She will no longer sleep inside, and has a mild bladder control problem. She is only in the mood to play tag once a week now and then for only a few minutes. If she gets out, she is gone for a day, but she does find her way home.

The lab is a dork. She is completely self-involved and competitive with the Beagle. If anyone is getting petted, she will muscle her way in and push them away. She can smell cooking hotdogs from a mile away, since that is the only human food she gets. She will pee on command <not kidding>. She prefers the game of catch to fetch. When she has had her fill, she just doesn't bring back the toy.

Pictures later if I can find some.

BH