Fire Fox 1.0.7 Released

does firefox have an automatic update feature? Im tired of downloading ( although it takes seconds) and then installing....

O well probably get it later 2nite

thanks m8 for the heads up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're welcome. :D

Good question, some previous versions of Fire Fox have had the update feature in windows anyway. I didn't check to see if there was an update icon on Fire Fox 1.0.6. I just un-installed 1.0.6 prior to installing 1.0.7 on my XP box.

Last I checked it did, I prefer to let APT handle this sort of thing though. You should get a little update icon in the upper right corner, next to the throbber.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Ubuntu, Debian does a great job of updating (haven't seen the update yet). I'm waiting to see if Suse 9.3 will offer 1.0.7.

I downloaded and installed the new version of firefox now it want work IE works fine I downgraded to the last version but still nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I un-installed 1.0.6 first on my windows box, then installed 1.0.7, that worked out okay.

The good people at mozilla.org have released Fire Fox 1.0.7 today. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just downloaded the new version after seeing the notice mentioned elsewhere. It did not show up in Firefox's update alert, but even then, I feel more comfortable just downloading the whole thing from the site and installing.

The good people at mozilla.org have released Fire Fox 1.0.7 today. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just downloaded the new version after seeing the notice mentioned elsewhere. It did not show up in Firefox's update alert, but even then, I feel more comfortable just downloading the whole thing from the site and installing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I did that as well on my Win XP box, that worked just fine.

I'm still waiting for the browser to be offered by Ubuntu and Suse..........grrrrrrrr. :D

I dont understand why mozilla doesnt have an auto-uninstall instead of creating a new add/remove everytime you install it.

So by the recomended steps,

1.download

2.uninstall(if upgrading)

3.install

4.run firefox and pray at the same time (that your 1000 extentions dont get broken)

I'm still waiting for the browser to be offered by Ubuntu and Suse..........grrrrrrrr. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ask and yee shall receive (for Ubuntu, that is), not sure when it showed up in the updates but it's there now...and it won't even install if you don't remove 1.0.6 first, so it's not like you have a choice but to do it your way. (yeah, I just tried to install over the previous) :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ask and yee shall receive (for Ubuntu, that is), not sure when it showed up in the updates but it's there now...and it won't even install if you don't remove 1.0.6 first, so it's not like you have a choice but to do it your way. (yeah, I just tried to install over the previous) :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting.......I've got my Ubuntu version of 1.0.7, but, I just clicked on the update icon on my upper menu bar. I didn't un-install my Ubuntu version of Fire Fox 1.0.6.

I just downloaded, installed 1.0.7 for my Slackware box, everything works so far. :D