Glue, What Do I Use For Rubber Door Guard?

When modders cut a porthole or window in a case they use auto door protector as a custom grommet. I am pretty sure it is rubber.

Does anyone know what kind of glue to use when fusing this stuff together? I tried superglues, rubber cement, PVC cement, Model cement, and got bad results.

BTW, I am talking about gluing it to itself, not to metal.

TIA,

BH

Edited by Brian_Holiday

A few weeks ago, I repaired Son's "blown out" sandals with Shoe Goo (it is available at "your local mom-and-pop hardware store") and though we haven't been through the "rain test" yet, so far, so good. And Son is very, very rough with shoes. It works the same way as the epoxy that Bozodog suggested, so I think it may have the same ingredients.

Bonding plastic to plastic, I have never had any luck with hot glue or super glue (although super glue bonds fingertips together beautifully!!)

Liz

Bonding plastic to plastic, I have never had any luck with hot glue or super glue (although super glue bonds fingertips together beautifully!!)

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me you didn't Liz, did you? :lol::lol:

ok now i need a little help. i've got this.... ummm... lets say abominable creature that's half dead and his jaw keeps falling off. got any suggestion of which glue i need? i've tried the usual and even some chicken wire but nothing is working especially since talks alot. he's always moaning on and on about his ex girlfriend named "Brains Shirley"

ok now i need a little help. i've got this.... ummm... lets say abominable creature that's half dead and his jaw keeps falling off. got any suggestion of which glue i need?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry buddy, glues not going to work. The last time this happened to one of my many zombies I just used a couple of pieces of leather and some wood screws. This is very important right now, with halloween comming up.

BH

ok now i need a little help. i've got this.... ummm... lets say abominable creature that's half dead and his jaw keeps falling off. got any suggestion of which glue i need? i've tried the usual and even some chicken wire but nothing is working especially since talks alot. he's always moaning on and on about his ex girlfriend named "Brains Shirley"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use staples.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the best thing for that condition is wiring the jaw shut, a vet did that for a cat I had as a kid when it had a broken jaw...of course as long as it was at the vet's the vet neutered it too but maybe you don't want to go quite that far with the treatment...? :unsure:

The most important thing is for everyone in contact with the patient be sure to remember the most important part of any recovery from a traumatic injury is to treat the patient with lots of love....so here are my hugs for the day... :wub::wub::wub: Love, hugs, and time, seem to be the best thing for the patient's long term recovery from these type situations. :wub::wub::wub:

Pat.

God bless everyone.