Patrick Norton

Patrick Norton (born June 26th, 1970 in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois) was co-host and managing editor of The Screen Savers, an interactive television program on TechTV geared toward the technology enthusiast. He is now an editor for ExtremeTech and ExtremeiPod and lives in San Francisco, California with his wife, Sarah. Prior to joining TechTV, Norton tested products and wrote for PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, and InfoWorld, and ran the hardware reviews section of Windows Sources magazine.....
....Norton also appears on the weekly podcast This Week in Tech along with several other former cast members of The Screen Savers.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Norton

Matt

As Matt said, he was a co-host on the Screen Savers. He was well liked because he was extremely knowledgeble and wasn't a "show off" about it, he was more like "the guy next door" instead of a TV host. He occasionally wore a kilt :)

As far as I know, Patrick Norton has never posted at G4--very, very private person.

Liz

Edited by blim

Patrick Norton and Leo Laporte where two great host they new tech they would talk about tech and tech news for 30 min at the beginning of every show they are very good ppl I seen them at a show they stopped and talked to me for an hour that says somthing about them. Now I doubt they would post on g4.

we lost techtv

earlier than they closed

and i didnt know some of the hosts

when we lost the show

sarah had just started .

and kevin had just established hinself

cat. leo.becky .and machaela

were old hands

im not sure about patrick norton

i think he had just come on the scene

when we lost it

tho im not sure of that

was he a shortish big guy

i used to love that show then

but it became a launching pad for chris perrillo and leo to

sell all the soft ware they got for free.

if you go to www. lockergnomne.com you will see

all that stuff at a price

i used to be a member

but when i saw that i finished with them and havent been back

but im not sure off this patrick norton.

i think i know who it is .as far as tech is concerned

leo.chris .becky.even cat used to come to c.f.h

to get advice.

pete ,chappy and all the mods were just as good on tec as any one at

techtv.

marty

when Pat and Leo were hosting those were the best Tech Tv times. they were a great combination. Leo went nuts and Pat offset Leos antics. if Comcast hadn't bought Tech Tv Pat and Leo could've been the wonder combination that could've lasted for a very long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, good times indeed. It would be great to see those guys together in another tech related show.

Possible Title: TSS Reloaded? :D

when Pat and Leo were hosting those were the best Tech Tv times. they were a great combination. Leo went nuts and Pat offset Leos antics. if Comcast hadn't bought Tech Tv Pat and Leo could've been the wonder combination that could've lasted for a very long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, good times indeed. It would be great to see those guys together in another tech related show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you downloaded any of the TWIT sessions? It's good to hear all those guys together again. TWIT

Edited by Makai

Patrick was also the onewho loved to overclock, and if something did not work, he loved to take a sledge hammer to it. :D

if i remember correctly they tried to hide it from him for a while til he got another one.

he destroyed a mac and also a pc. and a hard drive.

he also liked using nitrogen to cool the cpu and overclock it to the max.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you downloaded any of the TWIT sessions? It's good to hear all those guys together again. TWIT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Makai, no I haven't heard the TWIT sessions. Are they good? :D

Patrick was also the onewho loved to overclock, and if something did not work, he loved to take a sledge hammer to it.  :D

if i remember correctly they tried to hide it from him for a while til he got another one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL :lol:

For some reason I really enjoyed watching Pat destroying PCs with his sledge hammer. Funny stuff:-)

The over clocking segments were very interesting. I remember one segment where Pat and Yoshi were tinkering with a P4 that they over-clocked to over 4 GHz. I miss those shows.

Hi Makai, no I haven't heard the TWIT sessions. Are they good?

If you like to hear the old gang together, yes they are good. They talk about current subjects without reverence and are honest in their opinions, yeah it's like old TTV days.

Here's the link.

19 episodes out.

Edited by Makai

i have to admit TSS

wasent a show i watched a lot

as i hung round c.f.h

most of the time

i think at that time TSS was a bit out of my league

tech wise

so i stayed close to the likes of the chief ,preston .chappy.pete.and goliath

there were others as well as the techtv staff

at one stage i was emailing becky. cindy.and chris.

and they would answer our emails

my those were learning times for me

and im embarressed to say i forgot a lot of the names

a lot os us got our wings so to speak.

and tho my compting is much to be desired

i can now maintain my compt

i used to watch techtv every night

and fantisize about the nice girls

and learn to use my compt .

so it has been a learning curve for me

and i have to thank

all from the board

as well as techtv

marty

Patrick was also the onewho loved to overclock, and if something did not work, he loved to take a sledge hammer to it.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL :lol:

For some reason I really enjoyed watching Pat destroying PCs with his sledge hammer. Funny stuff:-)

The over clocking segments were very interesting. I remember one segment where Pat and Yoshi were tinkering with a P4 that they over-clocked to over 4 GHz. I miss those shows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He smashed Mac G4 for some reason