Star Trek Actor James Doohan Dies

First i heard hitest...Awww....Sorry to hear it too!

i'm not a trekkie...i've seen all the shows though (Hmm maybe i am a trekkie)...My sister is a huge trekkie...She even trimmed a christmas tree with all the little Enterprise models she has.i'll pass the news on...Thanks!

Hi echobay and handplane,

I've seen all of the original episodes several times and also own all of the Star Trek movies with Kirk et al. Yeah, I'm a trekkie and even own several coffee mugs embossed with Star Trek logos. My favorite mug is labelled with the Vulcan Science Academy.

It saddens me that another of the original cast has passed away. Great TV!!

Awww crap....I LOVED Scottie.

I grew up a big trekkie fan, I'm positive I've seen every episode they ever did, 64 I believe.

James Doohan was a highly regarded actor and had won many awards for his stage work, and he will be sorely missed by all, even the non-trekkies. He was also a Canadian, as were a few of the cast. Kirk and Scottie I know but I can't remember who else...I know there was one other.

One of the best lines in TV, "Beam me up Scotty".

No kidding eh handplane...even folks who know nothing about Star Trek, know that line. I just loved Scottie's classic..."Cappn...she ain't gonna hold much longer...she's breakin up".

Seemed like every second episode, they came close to breaking up somehow.

:( :( :(

..."Cappn...she ain't gonna hold much longer...she's breakin up".

He was the one who said that???? As you can tell, I don't watch much Star Trek (Hubby gets too mad at me when I laugh at the cheesy parts. I can't watch James Bond movies, either.....)

But awwww, now I'm sad! :( I liked his character!

Liz

One of the best lines in TV, "Beam me up Scotty".

Good old TV, no sex, cursing and just good clean entertainment.

Don't think I missed an episode, with the many reruns.

If I did, they could be counted on one hand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm an intelegent fan too. my mother recorded evey episode as soon as it aired. she still has the wall of startrek.

what tv were you watching on? kurt getting laid with green alien babes (just didn't see the good parts), kliongs cursed on the show (but we didn't know what they were saying), and they did have their moments for violence (like fighting in world war II and blowing up the enterprise again and again and again). but it was a very good show to watch ans learn from.

this is for you buddy.

(plugs in an extention cord and a model of the original enterprise blows up)