Surfing At Work?

My employer, The City of Regina, has a very strict policy in place and enforce it ridgedly.

NO personal surfing allowed, city business only and violators are subject to severe penalty up to, and including termination.

Every single site visited by any city employee is logged and checked out, and if its not within the scope of that employees duties, their supervisor is notified and a verbal reprimand is issued for the first offence.

Second offence is a written reprimand that goes on file, 3rd is up to 2 days pay lost, and 4th is termination.

Termination may come sooner than the 4th offence depending on the seriousness of the employees digretions, and past reprimand record.

In a way, I guess I can see why they're so strict. The city servers contain a ton of very sensitive data about the city's business and its citizens, and anything that may cause the loss of this data is extremely dangerous.

With the outbreak of some very serious worms and virus lately, that brought down many a server across the world, the city must protect itself from idiots who may d'load one of these and infect the city network.

That would also affect Fire and Police dispatch as they are run from city servers, so a very real danger to the public safety would occur if these servers were infected and shut down.