Samon For Sushi?

I was grilling some salmonn tonight, and my hunger got the best of me. I ended up eating a big piece medrare, it was still cold in the center. It was delcious. Then i started to get worried about parasites.

Do any of you eat samon as a sushi fish, or at least rare? I know tuna is ok to eat rare.

I was grilling some salmonn tonight, and my hunger got the best of me. I ended up eating a big piece medrare, it was still cold in the center. It was delcious. Then i started to get worried about parasites.

Do any of you eat samon as a sushi fish, or at least rare? I know tuna is ok to eat rare.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tape worm??

Raw salmon meat may contain anisakidae, a marine parasite to cause anasakiasis. ...

Source.

I can not say for sure(I do not eat fish) :o

thanks tenmm for the start of some googling. It seems that freezing fish cold enough kills all parasites. The fish I ate was prepackaged frozen salmon, so it was probably ok. The only thing I know for sure is i left this experience with a craving for raw fish. My wife cringes at the thought of me persuing this taste.

thanks tenmm for the start of some googling. It seems that freezing fish cold enough kills all parasites. The fish I ate was prepackaged frozen salmon, so it was probably ok. The only thing I know for sure is i left this experience with a craving for faw fish. My wife cringes at the thought of me persuing this taste.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heat, not cold kills the bacteria.

Not a good idea to eat raw fish unless it's meticulously prepared sushi grade. And that's iffy. Definately NOT supermarket grade frozen fish.

Hope you are still breathing to see this post.

Joe