I Finally Did It

Well, after much talk with forum and chat members, and after ordering a new hard drive, I finally made the switch. I now have Ubuntu Linux running on my 80gig slave drive, w/ dual boot. I must say, Linux is going to take some time to learn, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the outcome. I'm glad I finally made it over!

linux is great. My only advice: enjoy the journey. By that I mean, do not expect everything to work like windows, just enjoy it however it works for you. When I first started to use linux, I made myself crazy, I wanted everything to work , NOW. That attitude made me unhappy. Today I just enjoy linux, even if eveything is not polished, I just enjoy it however it comes :-)

linux is great. My only advice: enjoy the journey. By that I mean, do not expect everything to work like windows, just enjoy it however it works for you. When I first started to use linux, I made myself crazy, I wanted everything to work , NOW. That attitude made me unhappy. Today I just enjoy linux, even if eveything is not polished, I just enjoy it however it comes :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Have fun Matt! If you have questions, you know where to come. ;)

B

Well, after much talk with forum and chat members, and after ordering a new hard drive, I finally made the switch.  I now have Ubuntu Linux running on my 80gig slave drive, w/ dual boot.  I must say, Linux is going to take some time to learn, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the outcome.  I'm glad I finally made it over!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congratulations, MistaMatt90. Right on :thumbsup:

Yes, like shanenin said take time to enjoy the journey! You made the leap! Linux rules!