Good To Be Home

IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIIIVE!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH--------RUN FOR YOUR LIVES :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

brooks.jpg HEhehehehehehahahaha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, Young Frankenstein is one of my all time favorite movies :lol::lol:

I love Young Frankenshteeeeen, too!! Gene Wilder is a comic genius, and a soooo much better Willy Wonka than Johnny Depp (if you read the book, Gene Wilder was perfectly cast)....sigh...I thought if anyone could do a good Willy Wonka, it could maybe be Johnny Depp, then I saw the commercials for the remake....Oy Vey.... :(

Liz

Hi Folks,

It sure is good to be back here again.  I had a huge amount of paper work I had to do and today I finally got it under control.

Don't you just hate it when your job interferes with what you enjoy doing?

Wow.  The forum has had an over haul.  It looks good, B :thumbsup:

It's nice to see you all again!!  TGIF :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Hitest.

I've been MIA myself. :matrix:

Hi Folks,

It sure is good to be back here again.  I had a huge amount of paper work I had to do and today I finally got it under control.

Don't you just hate it when your job interferes with what you enjoy doing?

Wow.  The forum has had an over haul.  It looks good, B :thumbsup:

It's nice to see you all again!!  TGIF :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Hitest.

I've been MIA myself. :matrix:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Joe,

It's good to see you here again! :D:D

I love Young Frankenshteeeeen, too!!  Gene Wilder is a comic genius, and a soooo much better Willy Wonka than Johnny Depp (if you read the book, Gene Wilder was perfectly cast)....sigh...I thought if anyone could do a good Willy Wonka, it could maybe be Johnny Depp, then I saw the commercials for the remake....Oy Vey.... :( 

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Liz,

Yes, Gene is indeed a comix genius! I also enjoy all of Mel Brook's other films. Blazing Saddles also comes to mind.

The infamous chili eating scene comes to mind :lol::lol:

Bart: I better go check out this Mongo character.

[bart reaches for his gun]

Jim: Oh no, don't do that.

Bart: Why not?

Jim: If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad.

Loved this scene :lol:  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Thanks, tenmm, that was indeed a great scene.

Blazing Saddles was a great film!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hiya Hitest!

Where you been?

I've been a littlt MIA recently myself...I'm teaching my Dad how to use his new computer via email and screenshots.

Its taking quite a bit of my time doing this but he needs it, he's never had a computer before.

Anyway, good to see you back!

Hiya Hitest!

Where you been?

I've been a littlt MIA recently myself...I'm teaching my Dad how to use his new computer via email and screenshots.

Its taking quite a bit of my time doing this but he needs it, he's never had a computer before.

Anyway, good to see you back!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, Chappy :D

It's good to see you too!

I had a ton of work to do in June so I had to hibernate for some time to plow through it. It's good to be back.

I'm going on holidays this Friday and will be visiting my Dad. He's got an old windows 98 unit and is looking to buy a new computer, so I'll be helping him to pick one out. Yes, I also spend quite a bit of time helping my Dad with his computer. :D:D

Hi Hitest and Chappy,

Being a mom who had to be pulled kicking and screaming into the computer age (those darned kids and their schoolwork.....!) Bless Your Hearts!! As frustrated as Son gets with me saying "whaaaaa??" (you folks have heard that from me too!) you are to be commended!!

Just remember to use the term, "thingy"--we could care less what it's really called as long as we know what it does....

The Dummies Books are wonderful when the kids can't be found.

Chappy, I can't begin to tell you how important screenshots are--we want to see what it looks like before we attempt it!

And Hitest, Windows XP will be an easy transition from 98, just don't forget to tell him there's no actual Scandisk!

Heh, perhaps a section in the forum called, "Teaching Parents Tech" might be helpful :D

Good Luck, you two!

Liz

Hi Hitest and Chappy,

Being a mom who had to be pulled kicking and screaming into the computer age (those darned kids and their schoolwork.....!)  Bless Your Hearts!!  As frustrated as Son gets with me saying "whaaaaa??" (you folks have heard that from me too!) you are to be commended!!

Just remember to use the term, "thingy"--we could care less what it's really called as long as we know what it does....

The Dummies Books are wonderful when the kids can't be found.

Chappy, I can't begin to tell you how important screenshots are--we want to see what it looks like before we attempt it!

And Hitest, Windows XP will be an easy transition from 98, just don't forget to tell him there's no actual Scandisk!

Heh, perhaps a section in the forum called, "Teaching Parents Tech" might be helpful :D

Good Luck, you two!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the kind words :D

Yes, I'm very careful when I talk to my Dad about tech, I try not to get too involved with my descriptons.......heh-heh when I do he gets all glassy-eyed and changes the subject. I enjoy helping others with technology, it's a hobby of mine. However, my Dad can sometimes be frustrating to work with as he never listens to my advice about tech :D

I've been lucky with computers, I have a friendly co-worker who has taught me a lot about computers. I try to return the favor and give a little bit back to people. Take it easy, Liz!