The Ranting Game

*kisses for Bozodog's thumbnail* I gave up on all my nails years ago...

my rant

I just read on MSNBC that Rosie O'Donnell was cast in the Broadway's "Fiddler on the Roof" as Golde, Tevye the Milkman's wife. What? What??? She's too young!! She's 43, she can't play a mom to three young adult women!!! Can she "speak-the-speak" with that Brooklyn accent of hers??? I don't think so....Oh, No, I think I'm channelling my Jewish Grandmother. I was telling Son about this and began using her speech pattern and doing that "Jewish hand thing"....Oy Vey....

Ok, I'm done, I feel better. *slaps forehead* Oy....maybe not.....

Liz

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it would probably help if she could actually act. i hate pour casting jobs.

bozodog i can't do anything about your nail but i can walk down the street, twist my left leg slightly sideways, tie my right elbow to my ear, and have an extension cord out the back of my pants pants, to distract the world from your nail. :)

:D Thanx Mac.. (giggles at the picture in my High Definition mind)

School school school...... As nice as it is for moms n dads... now we have all the new drivers showing off their lack of driving skills, all over town. Around here soon, some kid will streighten out a curve, launch off a roller coaster hilly road, or rear end someone on the Mall strip. Ending in higher insurance rates, injury, or even death. Being a route driver, September scares the hell outta me... Ooohhh boy, and you should see how the kids at Kalamazoo Valley (JR) college drive... And the weaving and bobbing through 3 lanes of traffic all headed to the same parking lot.

Well, Blim. You know we have two seasons here... Winter and construction. The z00 is getting too big for me. As soon as the Brit is green carded, we start saving for that house in the country. The 40 acres are paid for... just need the house.

Wow, Bozodog, thats really strange as I'm a "clothesliner" and it's usually quicker than the dryer (but I do have that Lake MI breeze) did you take the clothes off the line before 7:30-8:00pm?? It starts to dew then and especially cottons absorb the dew real quickly. My sister leaves her clothes on the line overnight if she hangs them too late or forgets to fetch them "pre-dew" and says they're dry by 10am. I don't, I'm afraid of angry skunks, but she lives in the country and has never had a problem (I still think she's just lucky!)....Oh, and don't forget to turn darks inside out so they don't fade! :)

If you took them down early, then yes, it must be terribly humid down there!! Hasn't been too bad here *knocks wood* Humidity didn't used to bother me, but it sure does now. Don't know if its me getting old or that extra 10 pounds I accumulated (but that's another rant, ugh, I feel humongous....!!)

Liz

I hate hot and humid weather, thankfully it usually isn't to bad here for humidity.

About 90 today, did alot of running around doing errands etc.

Main thing is I got my ears washed out at Kaiser today, sure nice to be able to hear again. All those crying jags I did over the computer problems, and other stuff, made sinuses swell, eustachion tubes got into the act too so lately had ear aches, and add in some allergies and alot of ear wax, well it is a wonder I could even hear myself think. (maybe that is why I have been so nutty and sidetracked more than usual...couldn't hear myself think!!! :rolleyes: ) Should have noticed I was turning the tv up almost as loud as it could go, but just blamed all the noisy fans, air conditioner etc. Ha! So I'm dense. :rolleyes:

But the reason I am writing in the rant section...is something that happened today on the road to where we were going to have lunch after Kaiser and the grocery shopping done. Hubby was driving down a four lane city street that goes through what used to be a...how do I put this politely?...bad section of town but has had several tries at revitalization and urban renewal, and is now in midst of some yuppification. It is also a state highway, the old highway that predates the freeway, but is just a normal street now with plenty of stop lights etc. We were in the left lane with both lanes packed (as always), stop and go traffic with lights etc. Everyone driving normal, and about or a bit above the speed limit even given the packed traffic. We would be turning left in a mile or so, so were in left lane because people don;t always let you move to lane needed if you wait to long to try it. And no advantage in either lane to speeding up due to tight traffic and lights. So just as we were slowing for yet again another light, and hubby had let some one in ahead that wanted to make a left turn, a white extra-high-wheeled pickup truck pulled up next to and a bit ahead of my passenger side of car, with driver looking back waving arms at me ranting and raving about " You ... a word I didn't understand..then b....h get out of my town, and get off my street" then lots more after that that thankfully I didn't hear all of, as by then light had changed and he rolled forward but leaning out his window still waving arms and making hand signs at me but not looking where he was going. It was more than road rage at us staying in left lane, it was definitely felt like a racial and was a gender thing. He was a big strong good looking young black man, and we are older and white. It may have started as normal road rage, though he didn't pull it on other black drivers behind or ahead of us in left lane, but it turned into more than that when he saw us. There were other whites in traffic too, but ahead of us in both lanes. Very disturbing to see that kind of hatred still going on. And he was only yelling at me not hubby, the b.. word was repeatedly used and others I didn't even know meanings of then luckily couldn't hear the rest of what he said. I didn't tell hubby that part as he was already upset. Of course I was a dumdum for not shutting window though door was locked, (no air conditioner in car), but for once I kept my mouth shut so it didn't escalate any worse. I was afraid of him, but didn't think to protect us a bit more by shutting window which makes me mad at myself for not reacting right. It could have been so much worse, even at noon on a bright sunny day. So delayed reaction set in in next few minutes as we continued down the street, with him about a block ahead and then he turned and I got scared that he would circle around and follow us to continue his temper tantrum. So we drove further down, watching for him but Thank God he didn't return. Scary situation!!!

Such hatred should be a thing left in the past. And it was a normal packed city street, not a fast thoroughfare or freeway if road rage had anything to do with it. Which doesn't make sense if he wanted to go faster, the right lane was moving better most of the time than ours due to so many doing left turns.

So that is my rant about scary people with to much hatred for a different race (and gender), and maybe using the excuse of road rage to dish the hatred out.

And my Thanks to God for protecting us from that guy, and later in day for protecting us from a pickup truck cutting off a minivan in the lane next to us to get into left turn lanes. The pickup lost some rubber smoking against curb, and minivan started to overcorrect by turning into our lane. They just missed us due to our being a small car so they had enough nose room and everyone escaped an accident. Phew. People drive crazy in this town.

Sure do want to move somewhere else, preferrably out of town to a smaller community. It is just to nutty here.

God bless everyone.

Oh my gosh, Pat!!! With all the things I hear about roadrage, you were lucky and smart to ignore that guy. But I would have been so dumbfounded at his behavior, I wouldn't have reacted, either.

And I'm with you, color doesn't matter, age doesn't matter, gender doesn't matter (ok sometimes we have trouble figuring out the opposite gender....!!) but what matters is on the inside.

*Until you get used to your new ears, don't eat cornflakes!!! They're loud and they echo.*

Liz

Wow, did this get buried!! Tug, tug, oof, ow. Got inspired in the Cafe so I had to find it....

*rant*

Soccermoms!! Now, my son plays soccer, but I'm not a Soccermom and there are plenty of Soccermoms whose kids have never touched a soccer ball. It's all in the attitude.

What is with everything changing so Soccermoms can keep their Little Darlings in a fantasy life? They're banning Dodgeball in schools--its a great sport--the kids who get picked on are actually getting some worthwhile attention. That was my favorite game. :)

Kids in schools have cell phones so Soccermom can check with Little Darling anytime she wants, if it disrupts the class, so what??.

Teachers can't disipline anymore. They can't grade according to how the kids actually do, because Soccermoms insist on Little Darlings getting straight A's.

Soccermoms pick their Little Darlings up from school so they don't have to ride that "nasty dirty bus with *gasp!* no seatbelts".

Why does an only child family need a minivan???????

What is wrong with the local community college? English 101 is English 101 no matter where you take it. I cannot believe that University of Michigan is harder academically than Muskegon Community College for the basics. Nope, can't believe it. And Soccermoms don't fill out financial aid forms, they take out home equity loans to pay for Little Darling's college. So they will be paying a mortgage well into retirement age,"but it's so worth it". It is?????

Ok, its getting long

*end rant*

Liz

What is wrong with the local community college? English 101 is English 101 no matter where you take it. I cannot believe that University of Michigan is harder academically than Muskegon Community College for the basics. Nope, can't believe it. And Soccermoms don't fill out financial aid forms, they take out home equity loans to pay for Little Darling's college. So they will be paying a mortgage well into retirement age,"but it's so worth it". It is?????

Nothing, as a matter of fact. The *hardworking* smart student without Daddy's help takes all the community college courses they can, on into grad school to save the money. Soccerfamilies just keep shoving $$$$ at the kids instead of roots and wings. And then they wonder why they flunk out the first year, their grade point avg. drops like a stone, or they switch majors 3-4 times. If kids would have to *WORK* for a year before they are admitted into a university, they might get a hint that they need that education in the real world. One of the only things I like about Canada is their grade 13... Yep, everyone takes college prep courses, no basket weaving.

I really hate madonna, shes not british and shes not jewish. How dare she turn a religion into a "fad". She grew up in Detriot for gods sake and just because she married a Brit and moved there she has an accent. Please I lived in Ireland from the time that I was nine to when I was 18, and I don't even have an accent. BAHH!!

I really hate madonna, shes not british and shes not jewish. How dare she turn a religion into a "fad". She grew up in Detriot for gods sake and just because she married a Brit and moved there she has an accent. Please I lived in Ireland from the time that I was nine to when I was 18, and I don't even have an accent. BAHH!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!. She is a prime example of all that is wrong with the music industry imo.

I have to disagree with Canada having a *lot* of things right. Their economy is in the dumps, the taxes are far more than ours, and most consumer products are 50-100% higher because of it. Gas? $1.00 a liter, booze and beer? more than double. Canadian dollar? 70 cents US... Nope, I'lll not leave the US for any reason. We have the greatest country in the world.

BTW, I married a Brit in March. I love his accent and some terms they use and have been picking them up. Opps! Now, he even hopped the big pond for the opportunities offered here. And the UK is 2nd only to the US in freedoms and economy. To all those who think the grass is greener elsewhere... Go!

Easy there Bozo. No need to go to the "Love it or leave it" card. There's plenty of stuff wrong here. Health care, schools, insurance to name a few. Don't forget this country was founded by "complainers" who took matters into their own hands. Power to the people.

Don't forget this country was founded by "complainers" who took matters into their own hands. Power to the people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is in my sig >

Visit this site and see how our nation's foundation was built around

Christianity and how we are loosing touch with out roots.

FORSAKEN ROOTS

Why does an only child family need a minivan???????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minivan???

No self-respecting soccermom would be caught dead in anything other than a gas-guzzling SUV :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately true. And while I'm at it, who on God's earth needs a military vehicle to get around town? OK, NYC excepted. No offense, well wait, yeah some offense because you're raising MY gas prices. (Am I in the rant thread? lol)

edit: Oh yeah I am, good.

The Hibotsu Monstronsity

"my husband and i live in the suburbs and have 2.5 children so of course we need a vehicle that can seat 8 and has the ability to cross Arctic Tundra, and in amphibious mode those puddles won't ever be a problem again."

Edited by macmarauder

Harddrive, even though one doesn't necessarily look like they need a sticker, sometimes they do need one. BUT I do agree with you. Some folks have debilating problems that come and go (like back or nerve problems) When these folks are having a good day, they should not park in the handiparking spaces!!

Others really cheat and borrow "Grandma-with-a-walker's" sticker. That ticks me off royally.

Here's a solution to tempt you.... ;)

clicky

Liz