I'm somewhat back after a 31 hour session cleaning some very nasty viruses and a rogue program off of a customers WinXP PC. It almost seems like I have to retrain myself on using my own PC again after that mess. With all of todays programs to help ridding this mess I had to revert to the old ways using the command line to remove them. It was a good refresher but tedious. I still can't believe people think WinXP is better than 98SE. :rolleyes:

I'm somewhat back after a 31 hour session cleaning some very nasty viruses and a rogue program off of a customers WinXP PC. It almost seems like I have to retrain myself on using my own PC again after that mess. With all of todays programs to help ridding this mess I had to revert to the old ways using the command line to remove them. It was a good refresher but tedious. I still can't believe people think WinXP is better than 98SE. :rolleyes:

well said Terrorist...I just can't seem to jump up to XP.

TT75 and Bearskin, I need to introduce you to my "possessed Gateway"! <_< Liz

That is exactlly what I just exorcised was a Gateway RENTWAY GP STEP 950C-R that originally came with WinME. The owner's cousin slapped XP over ME and messed up the install. Compound that with not understanding securing the PC and it was easy for the Devil to take control. :blink:

Yeah, I generally don't use windows. I've got one XP box at home that my daughter uses; I've got it locked down pretty well with the latest patches and spyware removal software...............but.............................it still isWINDOWS.......eep :ph34r:

has any one been through the besttechie membership list .

there are a lot more members to this board then we realise .

sometimes some of them do not post at the same time .

i notice many have only one or two posts.

ive been through g4 s member ship and most of them are young a lot of school children

but this board attracts a bit more mature posters.

sure there are some young ones but theybehave them selves .

when they realise there are a lot of older mature posters here.

at g4 any thing goes.

i saw a post by pete_c who said tss support has twice as many posters as any forum on the site

but most are gamers .

which attracts more younger members.

this board is more tech related.

tho i acknowledge there are also younger poster are here too.

marty

Hi Marty,

You brought up one of the main reasons I joined this forum--the blend of people here. There are grandparents, parents and kids and they all respect and learn from eachother. That's how it should be. It is a nice multi-generational family. Liz

Yeah, Macmarauder sure is an old poop!! :D Yeah, thats the reason I don't use an avatar...(besides not learning how or having the imagination to make a really neat one) so just imagine me as Lindsay Lohan :D:D:D Liz

I to come around from time to time. Not as often as I once did. No reason for it either, as I get along with everyone and like to think everyone likes me as well. I do post quite ah bit on another form in there off topic board. But as mentioned, there is not always a lot of traffic in here.

I like the laid back way things are done here. As for G4....forget it. I seldom if ever swing by there, and when I do, it's always looking to see who I have not seen in sometime. I too go back to the ole CFH. & TSS. days before the G4 merger, but things changed, I was not crazy about the way things get done their, so I left. I do swing by here quite ah bit, I just am not always logged in.

It is nice to have this board to come to. Either to unwind on this OT. board or good tech help. I have never ever been giving bad advise here.

I think in the future, things will pick up here. As Jeff said all good things take some time.

Be good everyone, Shadow. ;)