If You Were A Dog, What Kind Would You Be?

I found a cute game from an article on the Oregonian's pet page today that you all might enjoy.

It is on the website for a British movie "Gone to the Dogs". Click on either the German Shepherd dog in front of the table, or on "What Dog Are You?" near the bottom right corner of screen. Interactive 10 question quiz with results that may totally surprise you. (Turn your speakers on for buzzers and chimes to go with this.)

Gone to the Dogs

Have fun with your new toy fido. :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier!! (thought for sure I'd end up a lab)

It hunts vermin (oh how I hate mice in MY house--I get the blue pellets from pest guy that eradicates them for 5 years--always say if I ever saw a rat, house would be put up for sale)

I am a much cuter dog than I am in human form!!!

Liz

Sorry about it not working for some of you. ???

I think it was fun, but sure didn't believe the Italian Greyhound it gave me. So tried it a 2nd time changing a few personality choices, it was worse... a Lapland Spits. So 3rd try, well that wasn't any better, a Tibetan Terrier. Then a Pomerean (sp?). Last try was a Belington Terrier.

I finally gave up on it ever correctly identifying my Border Collie/Shelty mix id. You know they are great herders, protective, loyal, bossy, independent, naggy!!! Fits me to a T (and that T doesn't stand for Terrier either!)

My hubby wasn't to keen on the game, especially when it named him as an odd Italian something that I didn't get written down before he clicked out of it. HaHa!

I am not sure what he would be, strong, quiet, works till he drops, very protective, determined (nicer than saying stubborn!), dependable. Maybe Doberman?

Anyhow I am glad some enjoyed it. To bad it wouldn't work for all.

God bless everyone.

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier!! (thought for sure I'd end up a lab)

It hunts vermin (oh how I hate mice in MY house--I get the blue pellets from pest guy that eradicates them for 5 years--always say if I ever saw a rat, house would be put up for sale)

I am a much cuter dog than I am in human form!!!

Liz

I think my collie/sheltie herding instincts aren't going to work very well right now with mice.

Have a major mouse problem, so maybe need to rethink the terriers that the site came up with for me.

My Siamese cat has been telling me something was going on in the basement lately. But I just blamed it on macmarauder and his nuclear reactor lab. Ha! :unsure:

Seriously, Siamese cats, at least the ones I've had, are good at telling you there is a mouse (or bugs too) problem but they expect us to fix it not them! So we set some traps, but no takers. Didn't see or hear any activity for awhile, but yesterday I went down to get something, found some telltale traces.

So sent hubby down today to reset the traps.We use traps because we have a kooky cat, just as soon as we used poison then one would die and she would catch and eat her first mouse! And we are kind of attached to her, and vet bills and medicine already cost a fortune. Also we don't want mice eating poison and going off to die in the walls as my friend had happen.

So he reset the traps, but checked around the area I told him about to see what they had been into. He found out they chewed through the plastic bags I had stored my dried plums in and must have really liked them as evidenced by the huge deposits left everywhere. Grrrrrr!!! :angry:

When we went back down to clean the mess up, I found out they had also eaten about 12 pounds (3 bags) of spaghetti too. I didn't know they would even touch macaroni or spaghetti. They did leave the white flour alone. And crackers, cold cereal etc.

Plus I think it has only been within the last month, because I got a package of macaroni from that same stack about a month to six weeks ago, with no evidence of the terrible invaders.

Most of my storage stuff is in coffee cans, gallon jars, and five gallon sized plastic buckets. Just had stuff left out that I never heard of mice touching.

So now I know they will eat anything. But Plums...Yikes! Grrrrrr!!! :angry:

So cleaned for hours where we know they were, and tomorrow we will check on other shelves where I have stuff in coffee cans to make sure they didn't eat through the plastic lids.

Why this year, when the weather was so mild they could have stayed outside most of the time?

Colder years haven't been this big a problem, a few get in and get trapped and that's it.

So why would they be so bad this year? Grrrrrr!!! :angry:

I really really hate mice that eat plums!!!! Grrrrrrr!!! :angry:

God bless everyone

Hi Sidekickcat,

The Mouse Candy I get might work for you "under the right conditions" It's called Talon-G and available only at Exterminator Office/stores. What it does is makes the mice really thirsty and they are supposed to go outside to find a water source and die outside from overhydration. And supposably, if they can't find a way outside and die in the wall, they are so dehydrated that they "dry out too quickly to smell".

The "condition" part is NOT having ANY water supply in your house to force the critters outside to drink. Your "condition" is that cats and mice are noctural, so it depends on if you can empty their water dishes for the night, how active your cats are at night, and if their water dishes are in a place that you can keep an eye on them during the day, just in case. And depends on if your cats go in the basement or outside(I know some roam all over) I wedged some folded up posterboard on the bottom of our basement door to keep the critters from coming upstairs--but mainly because my retriever mix is---afraid of mice!!! Yep, that's my dog.

I do know there is a warning on the package to "keep away from children and pets"--but if you can isolate the mice away from the cats, it might work.

Funny how the mice didn't touch the white flour--guess they know what's good for them!! Maybe bait the traps with dried plums???? :lol: Liz

Thanks for the information Liz. Sounds like a good product.

But my cat would be quite upset with me if I moved her water dishes. She uses them day and night.

As for mice coming upstairs, yikeeeeees!!!!! :angry::unsure::blink::):(;)

I can barely handle them in the basement.

Hubby has gotten four of them in the traps since I wrote my post. I asked him if I could wake him during the night to go down and remove dead ones, and reset traps. Oh the look husbands can give sometimes. But it sounded like a good idea to me. :unsure:

No plums left... Ha! So traps are baited with cheese. When that stops working, we'll use peanut butter.

Yes I understand dogs afraid of mice, I have seen them cower in the corner when a mouse was around. It's funny, especially with big dogs like the German Shepherd we inherited from my folks when they died. She liked to play, and almost never took being a guard dog seriously. The Siamese we had at the time was the guard of house, camper, yard, people etc. She (dog) willingly let him (cat) do guard work.

Gotta go, overdue on cat medicine.

Thanks for information.

God bless everyone.

Hubby has gotten four of them in the traps since I wrote my post. I asked him if I could wake him during the night to go down and remove dead ones, and reset traps. Oh the look husbands can give sometimes. But it sounded like a good idea to me. :unsure:

God bless everyone.

Hi Sidekickcat,

I read this to my husband (he came into the room to see why I was laughing so hard) and he didn't react too well, either. The nerve!!

He said, "what, are you afraid they'll come into the bedroom and gnaw on your face or something?"

I answered, "Hey I SAW those rat movies in the 70's, so.... yeah!"

Sounds like a good idea to me, too. They just don't get it. :angry: Liz

Hubby has gotten four of them in the traps since I wrote my post. I asked him if I could wake him during the night to go down and remove dead ones, and reset traps. Oh the look husbands can give sometimes. But it sounded like a good idea to me.  :unsure:

God bless everyone.

Hi Sidekickcat,

I read this to my husband (he came into the room to see why I was laughing so hard) and he didn't react too well, either. The nerve!!

He said, "what, are you afraid they'll come into the bedroom and gnaw on your face or something?"

I answered, "Hey I SAW those rat movies in the 70's, so.... yeah!"

Sounds like a good idea to me, too. They just don't get it. :angry: Liz

I laughed till I cried at your post Liz.

Then I just read it to my hubby, he said "we men have to stick together", then added "if I was so concerned about it I could have gone down myself in the night and taken care of the traps".

Funny how that thought never once crossed my mind even while I spent a mostly sleepless night. Ha!Ha! :rolleyes:

The updated total count so far is 9. Yikes! Maybe they are sending out dinner invitations that we are finally giving them decent mouse food...cheese?

I can't believe there were that many of them hanging out down there. They sure were quiet, compared to previous mouse invasions that made a lot of noise. So on we go with the dinner with an edge party for the four legged thieves.

My tolerance for wild critters of all sorts, stops when they get in the house. They either leave on their own alive, or in what ever shape of dead works to get rid of them.

Back to the topic of the thread, I am glad people are having fun with the game, and/or the battle of evicting the freeloading critters in my basement. :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

The count is up to 14 now. I think the grandparents must have moved the whole clan in. Still cleaning up after their dried plum eating fiasco. YUCK!!!! :angry:

Even though we aren't neighbors in the real world, the internet lets us be part of the same small town type community. And that's great! (Though unfortunately minus the tool borrowing possibilities!)

Our paper keeps taking out old and middle ager comic strips, and puts in new stupid "edgy" stuff. Comics aren't supposed to be edgy or political in my opinion. Whatever happened to the idea that comics should be kid/family friendly? The Oregonian asks our opinion, but still does what they want no matter what people want. Sigh!

I am still mad at them for recently getting rid of "Cathy", but at least they ran it through "her" wedding. :angry:

Does your (or anyone's) paper have the oldies/middleagers? Do they have them online, and if so hopefully without sign up registration?

God bless everyone.

Hey tskcat...The site is really cute.  i've been reading your thread and  getting a giggle too. Sorry...Couldn't help laughin! Thanks for the link and the giggle!

You are most welcome to the link, and for the giggle as well... but could I interest you in the remaining mouse population from my basement? Then I could do the giggling without the work. Heeehee!!! :rolleyes:

Your term "thanks for the link and the giggle" reminded me of an online friend, chinawht, that I miss very much, and several of her online friends here including me don't know what happened to her since last Sept's last PM from her, not even whether she is still alive or if she died. She used that term alot. I am still praying for her and her hubby.

Thanks for the memory. It was good to hear that term again.

God bless everyone.

Hi Sidekickcat,

Cathy got married??? To Irving? Our paper discontinued it before that but replaced it with Baby Blues which is very funny. (my what an "off tangent" this has taken!) Our paper tried one "edgy" comic but the public wrote too many letters, so we have "Peanuts Classics" now in its place. Still have Marmaduke and Family Circle and Dennis the Menace, too. Can't figure out why they keep Mary Worth and Rex Morgan MD, though (no offense to those who like those two)

14 mice?? Wow, no wonder they ate so much! Tell Hubby to keep checking that trap line! Liz