The Besttechie Cafe'

One of the previous owners of my house was a plumber and made many of his own parts, too. Our plumber now knows to "expect the unexpected" when I call him!!! No wonder he sighs when I call him. :unsure:

Liz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW it drives me nuts when people don't take care of their car the right way. so here's a funny story. the last time we went to the Home Depot to get more pluming supplies there was a guy there talking to the helper. he has a hose connected to his turbo on his 03 1 ton dodge truck and instead of fixing it the right way by taking it to a good mechanic. which i can understand. or figuring out why he is getting far too much pressure to the hose, he was trying to use high pressure water pipes instead of the hose. this wasn't a race truck cause i asked him exactly what the truck was and what he uses it for. well he didn't listen to me about what he was doing was dangerous for the turbo and engine. so now the next time he might blow the $2,000 turbo and or the $3,000+ engine, all because he wanted to save $.

Edited by macmarauder

"More like 8-10 grand for that engine."

Oh my gosh!!!?!!

Makai, I live in an almost 150 year old Haunted Victorian (not a fancy one with the Queen Anne turrets, basically a "nice farmhouse") How old is your house?

Liz

"More like 8-10 grand for that engine."

Oh my gosh!!!?!!

Makai, I live in an almost 150 year old Haunted Victorian (not a fancy one with the Queen Anne turrets, basically a "nice farmhouse")  How old is your house?

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live in an apt. now. No shoveling, raking, mowing, plumbing, etc.. My first house was a 100 year old farm house which is where I learned the fun of plumbing. I can do it, but my time is worth more to me than the aggrevation. Who's haunting your place?

hahaha, Makai, funny you should ask today!!! I'll explain that in a bit.

Methinks there are several "spirits" in our old house but they've never harmed anyone. Occasionally we'll smell cigar smoke or "old fashioned flowery" perfume, a cross between lilac and lily of the valley.

Got a touch lamp that they wouldn't leave alone. Finally unplugged it.

There's often a "cool spot" in our dining room.

And of course, thumps and bumps. I think sometimes they square dance upstairs :D

The dog calmly watches "someone" pace the upstairs hall (open staircase). She's quite skiddish but our "someone" doesn't seem to bother her a bit.

Son used to talk to someone. Once, we heard a noise and said, "that's our ghost" and Son said straight faced "We have a ghost. His name is Don". Now three year olds don't make that stuff up, and to my knowledge, he had never heard the name "Don".

Daughter's room seems to be the most active. She still sleeps with her closet light on; and when Son was 5, a buddy of his spotted someone. In "five year old lingo" ("the buttons on his shirt were in the wrong places, they were here and here and here") he very accurately described a Civil War Soldier. Of course, he wasn't scared because Son told him "Don" was friendly :)

Won't allow a Quiji Board or Seances here, though. We want to keep them calm!!!!

Now for the funny part! My 22 year old daughter climbed in bed with me last night (something she hasn't done since she was about 5!) and angrily said "Don's screwing around in my bedroom, its freezing, I'm sleeping here." I got up, went into her bedroom and could literally see my breath. First time a "cold spot" got that cold!!!

I just shut her door and let them visit. :)

Have any wild experiences in your old house?

Liz

Mine left this ole house as soon as I started completing some needed repairs and decorating. The original owner/builder, his son, and then grandkid's family, were the only occupants till I bought the place. The grandson and his kids left the place a total mess. (they were renting from dad) What little up keep that was done, was a total disaster.(like painting 3 layers of wallpaper) Needless to say I bought the ole place for the right price.

Until then, I felt the old gal hovering around, fretting, and watching every improvement I did. She'd creak around in the attic, and even switch lights on and off. There have been a few strange things happening since I got married. Not sure if she likes the Brit or not. I'm sure she will, because we are doing even more improvements.

Well, Bozodog, I discovered our ghosts will be quiet for months at a time sometimes, then we'll get a month or so of activity. One of these days I need to mark on the calendar when they're busy and see if there's a set pattern (I know they were busy last August, my Preacher friend from England encountered a cold spot and a perfume sniff, and he last visited in August--wasn't sure how he'd react being a Devout Christian, but he grew up in a haunted house too :) )

OK, poor daughter is off to a rough week, I'm afraid!! Get a load of this. She works front desk at Ramada Inn.

A lady came to the desk and told Daughter that her boyfriend died (Daughter assumed she had to cancel a second night and rush home, happens a lot)

Then she announced "He's in room 229"

Whaaaaa????

Well, Daughter called the manager and 911, and being a small town, every cop in the county showed up!! The lady wanted to leave and Daughter had to get "stern" with her to make her stay till the cops came, detectives all over the place, and customers asking what was going on (and Daughter not being able to tell them anything!)

They still aren't sure about the couple's relationship, Daughter thinks it was a hooker and her customer, seeing as "girlfriend" left during the night and discovered "boyfriend" that morning, there was about a 20 year age difference and "girlfriend" wasn't upset at all.

Ended up being an OD with prescription drugs. Ewww.

Now the manager was panicking and calling Daughter every 5 minutes asking, "are you ok???" (he obviously wasnt!) , customers still asking why detectives were all over the place, detectives asking her the same questions over and over--pure mayhem

Later, a detective called Daughter and said,

"we have a problem. You don't have a record"

Not having a record a problem?????

He needed her home phone number for any additional questions :D At least her reaction gave both a laugh.

I wonder if I should ask "how was your day?" when she gets home today? :blink:

Liz

Edited by blim

Oh jeesch, Blim. Whatta mess. An OD after a nite hangin' out with a *ahemm "girlfriend". And your daughter.... ? Hope she's ok with it. There will probably be a lot more questions from the cops. Wondering if he had Illinois plates? heh heh... dang tourists. Being a small town, you'll hear the whole story soon.

Yep, Daughter's dream job would be a cast member on SNL (she's amazing with voices, well, unless she's copycatting me, then she's an irritant ;) !!) This could give her acting skills some ammo, especially having to lie to the guests!!

Looked in the paper today and nothing at all. Even in the "deaths" were ladies, an infant :( and 80+year old men. But my area is known as "those people up there" to Muskegon (the closest big city), they consider us the area Yoopers.

Daughter called asking me to bring her tacobell today and when I asked how her day's been, she said, "well, nobody died!" So her attitude is good.

Liz

Oh my Liz, I don't know whether to laugh, or cry (for man's family when they find out who he was with), or both.

Your poor daughter having to deal with all that mess. Sounds like she did a good job, hopefully manager will be impressed and enough so to give her a raise. :thumbsup:

Thankfully the "lady" turned it in and didn't leave her "friend" for the maid to find the next day.

Oh yeah, small town, yep there will be lots of 'stories' till the next thing hits.

I'm with Mac, I would have said the same thing as daughter did the next day. But then everyone around here knows my odd ball sense of humor. :wacko:

Give daughter a hug for us all. :wub:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Macmarauder and Pat, you two would get along with Daughter!!...... But she has a "smartmouth", but with a smile :) . The maintenance man at Ramada eggs her on just for her comments!!

You're right, Pat about the "girlfriend" saying something!! A brand new housekeeper was supposed to clean that room. Fortunately "Bill the Maintenance Man" did it :)

Surely no raise, she just got one---but it was $1.00, nice raise (I think he's grooming her for asst mgr, this will put a feather in her cap, although she's planning going back to college when she figures out exactly what she wants to be "when she grows up"--what's 'grown up' mean, anyway?)

Funny about small town news. Today the weekend Front Desk clerk called to find out what happened. Daughter told her and she right away asked, "Room 229?" When Daughter said "yes! How did you know??" The gal said she had checked them in and "they were weird"

Liz