M$ New Ie7 With Free Antispyware

I wonder how the new antispyware program works in conjunction with other companies' products, such as Norton, or Spybot etc. No mention in article of when it would be out of Beta either.

I think Bill Gates realized what a hard sell it would be to charge for a product to protect Windows holes from spyware. (I bet he will have the same problem with his planned antivirus!) So he floated the idea of maybe charging down the road for the antispyware one and the idea sank, and now is saving face by giving it free, as he should have all along.

As for IE7, I sure don't want it, even after it is out of Beta, until alot of board people test it and give the verdict on if it is better and safer, or if it just has different holes. And that could take awhile as so few use IE. Ha! Of course the new one could draw the attention of the hackers off the older versions. Ha!

Thanks RV, for the article link for information on this.

God bless everyone.

read this dimwits article

My mother loves sending me links to articles like this, not sure why but I think she likes to get me fired up. :D

instead of posting my rant to the article discussion, I sent it to her...don't think I'll get another link about an MS product for a while...lol

I don't use IE at all like you, tictoc5150. For me IE is just too dangerous to use, it is designed by default to run active x code which can potentially mess up your computer. SP2 does a decent job of patching IE, but, it still picks up a load of spyware. I don't use windows products. But, I have one XP Pro box at home that belongs to my daughter. My daughter only uses Fire Fox 1.0 on her windows box and the unit is quite stable.

If IE 7 is as good as the writer of the article insists it will mean that Fire Fox will only get better to stay ahead of the curve. I'll bet the next generation of Fire Fox will keep the boys at Redmond on their toes.

What ever happens I'll only use browser software put out by Mozilla. I believe in open source software.

Linux is the next wave! :D

I, too, use Firefox and I use Eudora for my Email.

I refuse to use M$ programs because of all the security problems.

Maybe someday, M$ will get all the problems ironed out but for now,

I don't really feel secure using those programs.

I have been using Eudora ( ver Pro 4.2 ) for years and I have been using

Firefox for almost 2 years now. This, coupled with a GOOD anti-virus program

and a GOOD firewall, has kept my computer in pretty good shape.

I, for one, don't really care what Bill Gates comes up with. I'm not going to

be in a hurry to switch!!!

Can you say " my company receives advertisement money from M$, so M$ IE7 must be a gggrrrrreat product.

Someone will use it, have problems, post in this or another board and at that time we will see the pros and cons for it.

M

Hmm.

But it's a chore sometimes, what with most sites using that pesky nonstandard IE code. Not everything renders properly, and some sites just plain don't work--I have to load up IE to use them.

According to her bio, she "helps direct the content on CNET's home page". Wonder if that includes the bios:

cnet.jpg