Lsass Exe. Applicatiion Error

Hi Guys,

I'm back.....this time it's my wife's computer. (My old one... :blush: )

Dell Dimension 2100

XP Home (All MS updated)

900 Mhz

512 SDRAM (2x256MB)

40 GB HD (71% Free Space)

Problem:

lsass exe. Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)

Click on OK to terminate the application

What I was doing just prior to this error:

To update SpywareBlaster I always disable all protection (as we are supposed to) then in Control Panel Add/Remove, I clicked remove SpywareBlaster.

From at that point is when I was flashed the above error and a shut down. Now I don't know if this had anything to do with this error or was it going to happen anyway.

From this error point on, I can not get past it to do anything at all.

Each and every time I re-boot I see the Dell Logo screen, Windows XP screen goes through the motion with the little blue beads going by....then just when it should go to the Accounts to log in, it goes to where you can select Safe Mode or all the other options instead. If I select what ever (I tried them all).....the above error shows up with a black screen background only. You are left with nothing other than click the ok to the error (2x I might add) at which it disappears and that is it. Nothing from this point on happens....it just sits there with a black screen.

What I have tried so far:

Boot and tap F8 - Boot to Safe Mode - I end up to the error, click it twice and thats it, nothing happens.

Last Known Good Config - same thing

Boot from Windows XP CD to try System repair or even reinstall - same thing, I end up to the error and get no further.

Getting a little frustrated I went as far as switching Ram sticks in all configurations (1 stick only, then the other only, different slots with each, both in different slots) after booting up - same error and then cannot get any further.

I even removed the battery from the motherboard (I have no idea whether this would work but I was inside the box anyway...lol)

Only additional software added was 2 months ago was Office 2007 (Standard) and NOD32.

It's like I'm totally locked out to do anything at all...... :angry2:

Any other suggestions as to what to do with this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, and sorry for the lengthy post.

***rv goes to find a hammer*** :rolleyes:

I have never disabled protection when updating SpywareBlaster or any other program, especially the firewall unless I disconnect from the Internet. I would suggest shutting down some programs protection that guard against registry changes such as S&D's Tea Timer.

Read all of the suggestions then decide on how you wish to proceed.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/lsass-exe-e...tup-t12548.html

Hi TT and thanks for reply.

I have used this procedure for updating SpywareBlaster program before and have never had a problem. But I really don't know if this was a cause or not. I have ESET Smart Security which was running, BOClean was running. I to do not shut down firewalls or other protections (Guards) either.

SpywareBlaster Upgrade Instructions

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

Thanks,

rv56

this is a error for the authentication of the system. so that the problem is in the system.

if you have a recovery disk than you can repaired the windows .

so that the data will not loss and the computer will be restored.

before installing the computer try to start the computer in safe mode and restore the computer in previous mode.