WHENEVER I TURN ON MY COMPUTER AND GET TO THE LOG IN SCREEN TO CHOOSE WHICH ACCOUNT I WANT TO LOG IN ON, MY COMPUTER FREEZES AFTER I CHOOSE THE ACCOUNT. OBVIOUSLY I CANT GET TO CONTROL PANEL BECAUSE THE COMPUTER JUST FREEZES ON THE LOG IN ACCOUNT PAGE...IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO..

BTW...THE COMPUTER WAS WORKING FINE THE NIGHT BEFORE...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

WHENEVER I TURN ON MY COMPUTER AND GET TO THE LOG IN SCREEN TO CHOOSE WHICH ACCOUNT I WANT TO LOG IN ON, MY COMPUTER FREEZES AFTER I CHOOSE THE ACCOUNT. OBVIOUSLY I CANT GET TO CONTROL PANEL BECAUSE THE COMPUTER JUST FREEZES ON THE LOG IN ACCOUNT PAGE...IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO..

BTW...THE COMPUTER WAS WORKING FINE THE NIGHT BEFORE...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

MichaelC:

Can you boot in Safemode? Reboot your machine, and before the Windows Screen Loads, start tapping F8 - Then choose "Safe Mode" You could have something stopping a full load up, and at least this would allow us to know if you can boot up in safe mode - Could be a driver or program stopping/freezing you up

Brian

Hi Brian,

I will do that as soon as i get home and try. i should tap F8 when the windows screen comes up before the log on accounts screen appears? Is that right?

You should turn your computer on, and start tapping F8 as soon as you can, because this will allow the choice of which mode you want to start windows in - You want to choose "Safe Mode" - This way, we can see if you can at least boot with the minimum drivers - As stated before, you may have a driver that is stopping you from a full boot, and at least if we can get you into safe mode, we can determine if its a driver problem - If it isn't we can see if the Malware Team has any ideas :)

Brian

HI Brian,

It appears that the i was able to sign on the safe mode and appears to be a Trojan Virus that is giving me problems. Any ideas how i can eliminate it. I have the AVG antivirus software. And i am always getting a malware system error notice on teh bottom left with a yellow sign with an exclamation point. Any Ideas??? Thanks.

HI Brian,

It appears that the i was able to sign on the safe mode and appears to be a Trojan Virus that is giving me problems. Any ideas how i can eliminate it. I have the AVG antivirus software. And i am always getting a malware system error notice on teh bottom left with a yellow sign with an exclamation point. Any Ideas??? Thanks.

While in safe mode go to start run and type msconfig

Go to the startup tab.

Disable all software except for your antivirus software.

Then log into your regular account and install Ad Aware (google it its free)

Do a scan with AVG and AdAware.

We have malware experts on this site. OP should follow Pete's advice on posting a HJT log. -TT75-