You Ever Remove Java ?

Howdy all, i know at one time or the other everyone has probably updated Java, well there are a lot of files that are left behind from that. See how many you will find with this program and remove them. I found 13 files from way back. Very handy tool.

http://prm753.bchea.org/click/click.php?id=9

JavaRa is a program created by Prm753 and can be used to remove older versions of Java, update to the newest version and some additional tasks.

This is what you can do with JavaRa -

Search For Updates - There are two ways to update Java with Javara.

* Update Using jucheck.exe - This requires Java version 5 or higher installed.

* Update Using Sun Java's Website - This will bring you to the Java download page > http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Remove Older Versions - This will remove all older versions of Java found on the machine. After the removal process, a logfile will pop up (C:\JavaRa.log) listing all the files/folders/registry entries that have been removed.

Additional Tasks - There are a number of other tasks that JavaRa can perform. Here is a list of them -

* Remove Useless JRE Files - These are the JRE files found in the temp folders.

* Remove Startup Entry - This is the startup entry related to jusched.exe.

* Update JavaRa - This will bring you to the JavaRa download link > http://prm753.bchea.org/click/click.php?id=9

* Remove JavaRa Logfile

* Remove Sun Java Download Manager

* Open JavaRa Logfile

This is the canned speech I created for the program (only for removing older versions) -

Please download JavaRa and unzip it to your desktop.

* Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.

* Click on Remove Older Versions to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.

* Click Yes when prompted. When JavaRa is done, a notice will appear that a logfile has been produced. Click OK.

* A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location.

Then download and install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Please download JavaRa and unzip it to your desktop.

• Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
  • Click on Remove Older Versions to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
  • Click Yes when prompted. When JavaRa is done, a notice will appear that a logfile has been produced. Click OK.
  • A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location.

Then download and install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 7.

Let me know if it worked ?

Enjoy

Chuck

So thanks to Prm753 (for this program) and to Simon for the beta testing.

Edited by flashh4

Howdy guys, garmanma i don't mind at all, go ahead.

Sultan old friend it is a very useful tool if you like to keep things tidy like i do !!

I hope more find it useful.

Later all

Chuck

Howdy garmanma, i get an error when clicking your link. I looked at BC and couldn't find anything but Simons post for users who used it successfully. So can you try to post another link so i can research it more.

Thanks

Chuck

I forgot it was posted in a private section of the forum. A couple of the senior HJT members tried it out and found some things they weren't sure they liked. Basically that's about all

Howdy, ok heres the problems that Simon, who did a lot of testing with the Designer.

Just had a chat with Paul (Inventor) ........

There was an error removing C:\Users\Bjorn\Start Menu\Programs\Java Plug-in Control Panel.lnk. The error returned was 124.

This was a problem with Vista and it will be addressed in the next release.

NEXT

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Javasoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\javaw.exe

This isn't planned to be implemented in JavaRa for the moment.

NEXT

It removed quite a bit, but left the item in Add or Remove Programs, with no Remove button.It was missing from HJT Uninstall Manager

Seems it didn't get added after all. OK thanks, I will make sure this gets fixed.

Note to all helpers who are using this - Please ask for the logfile, to check everything is gone (especially folders). If anything gets left behind, kindly report it hereand i will post it at MWR for Simon to look at !!

I still like it and a lot of HJT experts are adding it to their canned speech when updateing Java.

Chuck