What Magazines Are You Subscribed To?

Not Subscribed to any anymore cause I quit givin a crap but in the past:

GamePro (not enough PC)

PC Gamer (dropped out of PC gaming for a while but never bothered to re-subscribe)

Honda Tuning Magazine (actually I kinda want it again, it was actually my brother's subscription but I was the one reading them when I bought his Civic from him)

I kinda almost wanna get Otaku USA, Newtype USA, Animerica or Anime Insider but they focus mainly on anime that's coming out or is already out in the US I think but I watch Fansubs of stuff not out here yet. Usually I've already seen or already know about what those magazines talk about. I actually get most of my anime news from another user on Honda-Tech since he updates us on stuff all the time (he gets his info from sites I can easily check but don't think to).

PC World

Smart Computing

Digital Photography

and about five foodie magazines.

Although I don't subscribe to any of them anymore. I just pick them up at the store. I got tired of them selling my mailing info to everyone.

Oops. I forgot The Nation. Thanks for reminding me J.Doors.

Edited by irregularjoe

Because I'm smart: Forbes, National Geographic and Scientific American.

Because I'm savvy: Consumer Reports.

Because I love cars: Automobile, Car and Driver and Road & Track (when I was younger, Motor Trend, but it's of such insufficient quality I let that lapse).

Because I'm politically active: The American Rifleman, The Limbaugh Letter and The Weekly Standard (conservative news and analysis, WAY too verbose, one article might be seven or eight pages of small, close-spaced, three column type, though it was intellectually stimulating when I had the time to read it, I let that one lapse).

Because I'm interested in electronics: Sound & Vision (or whatever they're calling it this month, an annual gift subscription from a friend).

Computer magazines are 99% ads and are about the latest and greatest (which means they cover NOTHING I own or will own in the near future), so I let them all lapse. I also let gaming mag subscriptions lapse since I'm no longer interested in gaming (anybody want an original X-Box, barely used? :)).

Decades ago: Popular Science, the other two similar ones I can't recall the names of just now (Popular Mechanics, that's one!), Playboy, Newsweek (I think), TV Guide, God ... I think I once subscribed to Reader's Digest too.

... you can get just as much info online.

That's kind of a good point, but sometimes it's tough to find reliably good sites. Blogs work for some stuff, manufacturer's sites for some, and, ironically, magazine sites for their speciality (though you sometimes have to subscribe to get the good stuff).

Where would you go, for example, to get information on Radio Control products?

Our church publication... the Ensign magazine, and Readers Digest.

I get more than enough 'puter info from the net (Besttechie and Digg) and some email dailies and periodicals (Lockergnome, CNET, TUDOGS, Microsoft, EveryMac, Gizmo's Support Alert, [email protected] [Jennifer Kyrnin's Web Design], etc.) and email alerts for topics of interest at Google News... to subscribe to a 'puter magazine.

now email newsletters, I get a few. Newegg.com, ADV Films, EVGA, Best Buy, and I used to get stuff from Suncoast but since my membership ran out, I quit getting stuff (besides the only Suncoast I knew of is closed now, their prices weren't that good anyhow).

I use to have a couple, Guitar Player ran out a few years ago and have never bothered to resubscribe. Now I only have a subscription to Guitar World which I have been getting for years. Come to think of it now......I may have to resubscribe.....never got last months magazine..... :unsure: Got to renew my subscription.... <_<

What magazines are you subscribed to or where in the past that you enjoyed the most?

Current:

PC World

PC Gamer

Tiger Direct (computer sales)

Past:

Game Informer

Computer Power User

Guitar World

Sports Illustrated (not enough hockey!)

Readers Digest and Better Homes and Gardens for the OL, even though I do not think she reads them.

I check out the recipe section just to see if they have anything which inspires me to create something.

I used to subscribe to PC mag and Computer User but long since gave up on them.

I still have six months left on my Newspaper subscription, but since it keeps getting thinner and they keep raising the price I doubt I will bother to resubscribe. Not enough content and I can get any of it online or on cable more easily.