Ah i have this Problem with this dell laptop Windows XP professional and this has been happening for quite some time now still looking for solutions but nothing so far every time i use the computer for some amount of time i get this error message saying the computer due to a crash reference memory 0x00000. Null pointer i can't stop it there is no cancle button or nothing it just simply gives me 1 minut to save stuff and then it shuts down and reboots it self. is there anything i can do to stop this :/ :wacko:

Edited by assasiner6

what program or drivers have you installed lately?

what is the stop error message you are recieving?

knowing the stop error message will help in fixing the problem.

you must have downloaded or installed something that is not compatible.

Ah i have this Problem with this dell laptop Windows XP professional and this has been happening for quite some time now still looking for solutions but nothing so far every time i use the computer for some amount of time i get this error message saying the computer due to a crash reference memory 0x00000. Null pointer i can't stop it there is no cancle button or nothing it just simply gives me 1 minut to save stuff and then it shuts down and reboots it self. is there anything i can do to stop this :/ :wacko:

Referencing a memory address of 0x00000000 is called a Null Pointer ( address 0x00000000 is called Null , and nothing exists at Null ) ; it is referencing something which does not exist.

In computer programming a "pointer" simply holds a memory address or location where a value is stored.

When programs get intense, rapidly manipulating pointers, adding and subtracting values sometimes the author makes a mistake and the program attempts to access an invalid location , maybe negative, maybe zero; whatever.

So some program on your computer has a bug and this is causing it to attempt to access either a negative number for a memory address (In which case the Operating system memory adrress manager puts in Null as the value since there are no negative addresses) or null itself.

So if it happens when you use a specific program , that is the likely cause.

The countdown thing sounds reminiscent of the sasser worm , but it should not affect a machine with all windows updates.

If it has to do with internet activity; it is probably spyware or other malware.

Have you checked event viewer to see if you can identify the culprit?

Right click my computer and choose manage => event viewer=> system logs

Look for a red x by an event at the time of the last failure.

what program or drivers have you installed lately?

what is the stop error message you are recieving?

knowing the stop error message will help in fixing the problem.

you must have downloaded or installed something that is not compatible.

Let me make this clear for u on what it says

Critical system error. Process: lsass.exe, module: kernel321.dll at address

0x78221981. Instruction is referenced memory at 0x00000000. Null pointer

exception.

This message showed up i think late february i got this message saying something on the net i was stupid enough to click ok >< i regret that moment and this random song started to play i can't tell were it was coming from or wat was it but it was giving ads and music which i couldn't turn off and it really annoyed me then some random stuff came along as well which i don't remember putting there(guess it came from that thing) The the message i just put up came and gave me 00:50secto save everything before it shuts down =/ . i found this thing on google in a forum SDfix i used it,it cleaned up the junk that i had and that stupid ad ><which was my fault is gone now but the error message still hasnt left.am screwed for the time being till i figure wat to do, but rite now i come for ur help =/.

Let's see if you are still infected.

Download and install the newest HijackThis.

TrendMicro HijackThis ver. 2.0.2

Read these directions.

How To Post A Hijackthis Log, Easy to Follow Guide

Copy the generated log file then paste it in the following section of the forums.

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please wait patiently for the experts to read your log and guide you on removing your malware.