He folks,

I have a machine I can not get completely clean. I run Adaware, Spybot, Prevx1, Free AVG, Trendmicro House call (online scanner), F-Secure online scanner, Smitfraudfix, Ccleaner, Cleanup, and JV16.

I can leave this machine on and I will get a new browser with spam type ads about one per hour. All the above scanners are up to date. I check for updates daily then scan. I have Sys restore off and set to 0%. I was getting hits in there even after I turned Sys restore off.

Looking for advise....

HJT and a copy of AVG virus vault log is posted here.

M

Also used Mutilate File Wiper (free trial) to wipe free space this past weekend.

M

Edited by mikex

I am no expert in this area and tend to "shoot from the hip". the following entry appears bad. Delete with caution :-)

O2 - BHO: VPNS System - {9FA1AA9E-7ECF-4f3b-AC23-7F09E01298E4} - C:\WINDOWS\dxdiag.dll

http://www.castlecops.com/tk32323-iesettin...dxdiag_dll.html

Edited by shanenin

And once you get cleaned ; go back in your antivirus and look up what you have removed.

Check online to see if there are additional manual follow up steps to complete the fix. Often there are additional registry keys which may not be deleted by the standard AV scan and fix even though they should have been Either a specialized removal / repair tool is required or manual removal.