I currently use Nero 6 SE and am wondering if I should upgrade to 7.

Is it worth the price or does it just add more copy protection crap?

Thanks,

Joe

I would guess if the new or extra features are something you need it would be worth the upgrade. But if you just copy disks and create your own you might just stick with what your using. Unless the new version copies more copy righted disks it isn't worth it. You would have to have a pretty good reason to copy copy righted disks in the first place. When new software comes out all the time it's better to just buy new than to have a copy of an old disk.

Edited by lefty1953

I upgraded briefly to Nero 7 but soon went back to v6. Version 7 has many extra "features" that I would never use and is much more bloated than previous versions. For me, a burning program needs to be able to copy discs, burn data CDs/DVDs, burn music CDs, create disc images, and mount disc images. IMO, you're not missing anything by skipping this upgrade.

I upgraded briefly to Nero 7 but soon went back to v6. Version 7 has many extra "features" that I would never use and is much more bloated than previous versions. For me, a burning program needs to be able to copy discs, burn data CDs/DVDs, burn music CDs, create disc images, and mount disc images. IMO, you're not missing anything by skipping this upgrade.

I have Nero 6, and have also heard from numerous people on the net, that Nero 6 was better, less buggy than Nero 7. I like the v6 for what I use it for. I also read some like v7, but most I read prefer v6.

There also is an update to v6:

Nero 6 Update

Barb

i have regretted upgrading to 7 for quite some time...as others have said..bloated...buggy..overpriced..that said the burning programs have always worked flawlessly in both 6 and 7

wayne :wacko::unsure: