Problem With Ie7 Installation

well i've all but given up on this issue..so i thought i'd ask for some help...I have not been able to install IE7 on my daughter's machine(E-machineC3060 Xp home sp2) all updates current..

Installation seems to complete successfully with no error messages..however after restart when i try to open IE it freezes before the page even completely opens..CPU at 100%..and no response to any action...I have to shut down/restart through the Task manager...

I've tried installing thru the Windows Update..by the download file...with anti virus and spy ware programs off and on..just about every which way i've found thru google and ms searches and always the exact same result...

Thought it might be McAfee or my Yahoo browser..but have them on my other 3 computers and have no issues with installing or running ie7 on any of them..

so i'm frustrated and at a loss..hoping someone might have come across this and can point me in a new direction...thanks

wayne

I had a problem a few days ago when updating an HP computer to IE7. It turned out to be an incompatible add-on. I would temporally disable all of the add-ons and see if that helps.

goto control panel-->internet options-->programs tab-->mange add-ons.

Edited by shanenin

heh heh...good thing she's a sound sleeper...was able to successfully install and open IE7...it was the yahoo toolbar "helper"

thanx again to shanenin for pointing me in the right direction... i could not figure out how to get to the add-ons except thru the tools menu...and the browser was locked up upon opening...

we're good to go..!

wayne