Spam And Tsunami ?

Is it me or has there been less spam this week? There was a tsunami in Asia earlier this week. Any connection. My spam folder at gmail has gone from 150+ spam to ~75/80 per day.....

M

Interesting observation, Mike. I just returned from holidays last night; I was absent for two days. I only had 25 spam messages in my gmail spam folder. I usually get a lot more than that. :D

I'll be lookin' for that.

Just recently changed my settings from "automatically delete e-mail in this folder" so I can double-check that nothing I need gets in there (once I'm sure, I switch it back to auto-delete -- over the years I've only found one e-mail that I kinda-sorta wanted so I'm comfortable with auto-delete).

Went to change some e-mail settings and came across this graph. Though I have made changes in my settings over time, the number of "known" SPAM e-mails shown should be accurate. The drop-off in SPAM tracks exactly with the date you first posted:

knownspamdv9.jpg

Edited by JDoors