Windows 2000 Not Starting

I have a Celeron 400mhz i-Dot v. C PC with Windows 2000 on it, and windows 2000 will not start.

It gets to the white Starting Windows load bar and restarts everytime.

I tried putting the windows 2000 CD in the old Toshiba CD-ROM drive to reformat, and the PC will either

restart or freeze when the CD says 'Starting Windows' (before the License Agreement I think).

I tried Unplugging the CD drive and booting in safe mode which failed (restarted again).

I also tried setting all the bios setting to default and original (the settings I gave the PC away with).

I have looked for the original website for this PC but could not find it again, I want to see if there are any Bios updates that could help.

Also, I had it started up for a few minutes, then it went to a blue screen with a bunch of text on it that said

'dumping phsical memory' or something.

Thx for reading

I have a Celeron 400mhz i-Dot v. C PC with Windows 2000 on it, and windows 2000 will not start.

It gets to the white Starting Windows load bar and restarts everytime.

I tried putting the windows 2000 CD in the old Toshiba CD-ROM drive to reformat, and the PC will either

restart or freeze when the CD says 'Starting Windows' (before the License Agreement I think).

I tried Unplugging the CD drive and booting in safe mode which failed (restarted again).

I also tried setting all the bios setting to default and original (the settings I gave the PC away with).

I have looked for the original website for this PC but could not find it again, I want to see if there are any Bios updates that could help.

Also, I had it started up for a few minutes, then it went to a blue screen with a bunch of text on it that said

'dumping phsical memory' or something.

Thx for reading

Did you try setting the CD-Rom to be first to boot from? Like the Terrorist said, try cleaning the PC with a can of Air.

Will it boot to safe mode? If so , try creating a new user profile to see if maybe yours got corrupted.

If you do this and it still will not get successfully to windows it means it is a device driver or software which loads with windows which is causing a crash so bad it restarts windows.

Without MSCONFIG win2k means you need to be able to install something like Code Stuff Starter or Mike Lins Startup Control Panel to disable programs . But you can use device manager to disable possible hardware suspects (video card, sound card, network adapter )

since it is failing when running Windows from cdrom, this to me means it is a hardware problem. I don't think it is anything to do with device drivers.

Edited by shanenin