Jeopardy Guy

Well, in case you havn't heard, "The Jeopardy Guy" lost yesterday. Ken Jennings, was ahead until final jeopardy, when he answered the question wrong. This ended his almost 1.5 season reign. Leaving with 2.5 million dollars, I think he should go on other game shows. He would hands down make another million on "who want to be a millionare?" If nothing else, he will be on Opra, and Larry King Live.

M@

i dunno that answer didnt really seem like his type of answer...i heard the question was something along the lines of "Which company only works 4 months out of the year" (or something similar and he could have won if he answered correctly).....he answered Fedex (come on i doubt he wouldnt know that fedex works pretty much around the clock)...i think the answer was h and r block (taxes)

many people say it was "rigged" because of that and because trebek said "this is ken's final answer...."

i dunno that answer didnt really seem like his type of answer...i heard the question was something along the lines of "Which company only works 4 months out of the year" (or something similar and he could have won if he answered correctly).....he answered Fedex (come on i doubt he wouldnt know that fedex works pretty much around the clock)...i think the answer was h and r block (taxes)

many people say it was "rigged" because of that and because trebek said "this is ken's final answer...."

Yeah; one entire round was a spoof from the TV shoe "Seinfeild" (spelling?) and, he said some time earlier that he watched little to no TV. Yeah, and the answer was H&R Block.

M@

The guy is like super trivia man...He got me watching jeopardy again!

i've heard tidbits about Ken that indicate he wants to have a game of his own...Trivia base game i'm assuming..Along the lines of "Can You Beat Ken?"

Also wanted to ask...Did anybody else hear that he would NOT receive his money until he was finished...OK...call me cynical...Do you think he threw the game to get paid? Christmas is right around the corner!

...nyuk nyuk nyuk...He said Hoe!

The guy is like super trivia man...He got me watching jeopardy again!

i've heard tidbits about Ken that indicate he wants to have a game of his own...Trivia base game i'm assuming..Along the lines of "Can You Beat Ken?"

Also wanted to ask...Did anybody else hear that he would NOT receive his money until he was finished...OK...call me cynical...Do you think he threw the game to get paid? Christmas is right around the corner!

...nyuk nyuk nyuk...He said Hoe!

that may be true, since he hasn't been to work in a while...

what's really odd is that in an interview from before the end of last season he said that he barley even studied for the game show. he said that he reads a lot and was just lucky.

i need some of that kinda luck.

(macmarauder looks left and right) (hops into the car and heads to bum some luck off of the "The Jeopardy Guy")

Found this on slashdot:

--------------------

Jeopardy! Whiz Becomes Encarta Spokesman

By Nate Mook, BetaNews

December 6, 2004, 11:00 AM

Microsoft has tapped Jeopardy! king Ken Jennings, who recently finished his 75-game run on the show, to become the spokesman for its Encarta product line. Jennings will embark on a nationwide media tour called "Quiz the Whiz" that challenges news desks to stump the human encyclopedia with questions from Microsoft's Encarta Reference Library Premium 2005.

Jennings broke the game show record books this year and attracted a cult following by answering 2,700 Jeopardy! questions and raking in over $2.5 million in winnings. Before he takes off to Europe with his family next summer, Jennings hopes to pass on some of his passion for learning.

"It seems like a natural fit: Encarta has a long-standing commitment to furthering education, and I've had a lot of kids tell me that watching me on "Jeopardy!" has made reading and learning seem just a little cooler," Jennings told Microsoft in an interview.

Jennings also warned against relying solely on the Internet for researching information. "The Internet can be an incredible resource, but the scary thing is you never know what's out there or whether the answer you will find will be accurate. In fact, out of curiosity I searched for myself once and turned up all sorts of erroneous information," he said. "One seemingly reputable and authoritative page even had my name wrong!"

Ironically, Microsoft also mixed up his name in the interview, referring to the trivia whiz as "Jenkins."