A Question For You...

So, I have my website, which at this moment is nothing really. I took all the content down as I was bored with it. Now it kinda sits there doing less than it was before. And im not really sure what to do with it. I wanted to do something nifty, maybe something to help others, something that still kinda interestes me. For example I was thinking how much of a pain it was to keep my bookmarks synced, so i was gonna program a service to solve that, then I found that someone else solved that problem. So now im trying to think of some other ideas. And this is where I ask you guys for help.

Anyone have any ideas? Anything you've wanted from a website?

So, I have my website, which at this moment is nothing really. I took all the content down as I was bored with it. Now it kinda sits there doing less than it was before. And im not really sure what to do with it. I wanted to do something nifty, maybe something to help others, something that still kinda interestes me. For example I was thinking how much of a pain it was to keep my bookmarks synced, so i was gonna program a service to solve that, then I found that someone else solved that problem. So now im trying to think of some other ideas. And this is where I ask you guys for help.

Anyone have any ideas? Anything you've wanted from a website?

My web designing skills really suck, but, I've created a Linux site that I think has a lot of really useful information for people interested in learning about Linux or Unix. Creating a website that helps other people in some way can be rewarding.

But, the sky is the limit, you can use your website for a lot of interesting projects. :D

How about a guide to all of the best places to get pizza, subs and chicken wings in Rochester. Include the phone numbers, locations and if they deliver. Everytime I get stuck in Strong Memorial I like to order out because the hospital's food sucks. Another thing to list is any computer cafes. You could also list all of the hotspots where the chicks hang out. :D

I feel this is a little to political, but I think I will say it anyways. Nobody starves in America. Even the poorest people eat well. Our poor live like kings in comparison to lots of people in Africa.

edit added later//

Assumbing children are to young to leave the house on their own, sure some kids starve, do to neglectful parents who for get to feed them.

Edited by shanenin
Hey TT_75, shanenin, I think you're both correct:-) Points well made, guys! You are both uber-techies. Is there anything else we can suggest to fubz?

Keeping things cool :-)

I agree, we should not have polluted this thread with our views. sorry fubz :-)

Edited by shanenin

It's ok guys, i dont mind hearing your views on poor people and how thye eat. You jsut wont hear my opinion =)

I would do something to help, but nothing can be done to to politcal barriors, so i would never even try. Unless oneday i get rich enough to buy my own boat/plane to bring the food to them.

But Lets end that there.

Anyways,

Terrorist, for the food Stormin Norman, 27'' Pizza availble at Hot 2 Trot on Lyell ave. Pizza is bing enough to feed 16 =) Great for my friends on I on poker night.

Computer cafe.... does rochester even have those =P

as for chicks.... well..... ya..... still waiting on that one =P

Bubba,

that would be nice, it would be a fun project, one huge problem nowadays is no one trusts the little sites even if they have lower prices. So its almost impossible to get big.

Hitest,

yup, its great fun helping people, but I dont know what I can make it on. Most of the things that im above average on could be helped alot faster and better here. So ya....

stuck again >_<

I've been thinking hard of something, but everytime I get an idea i research into it and there is already a really nice solution or there is a huge brick wall that stops me from doing it.

When did they open a Hot to Trot on Lyell? I know of the one on W. Ridge near 104.

You haven't found the hot chick hangouts yet?! There's quite a few right at the hospital. Many are students. :D

You should check out Dinosaur BBQ on Court. Try the Pork BBQ platter. Absolutely malicious!!! I have ate at the original one in Syracuse many times. Great atmosphere, fantastic blues music and excellent food.

Maybe I'll have to take you on a tour of Rochester. hehehehe :rolleyes: