:blink: well, I did a disc clean up, (by the way have xp home) now on yahoo, it will search, but wont load the searched pages, and google wont load at all, even gmail wont load, In firefox or IE. MSN search works fine,the searches that is, still wont load google, yahoo like i said will get search results, but wont load a thing.. bought a new puter 2 days ago and same thing on it. on a dial up connection. adked about this over on other board, im not real puter literate, got this site to go to, was kinda fusing to me. http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#dns I have tried deleteing my internet connection, files, cookies etc things the site said to do, sure would like some help. I even downloaded the google toolbar for firefox...nothing, like its dead. thanks in advance from a very :blink: computer user.

Just used the disc cleanup utilitly that comes with xp. had all the boxes checked, I turned the power off last night and for once this morning google came back on, now it wont, google news will, but still no yahoo search, google, gmail,. I use yahoo as my homepage, if that makes any difference, but even if you try from msn, google is gone. thanks

First let me say welcome to these boards.

Second I am sorry that you are having so much trouble, and I hope someone can help you out. Good luck.

The only idea I have is to try to go back on a system restore point to where it was all working right for you. Maybe that would bring it all back to what you had before.

God bless everyone.

Thanks for the input, tried system restore, didnt make any difference. Had been using Adaware, but downloaded SpybotS&D, got 2 hits off of fastclick, then downloaded CWS and run that, got 2 hits, one of them a bad dll, wish now I had wrote them down. Google is now working, Yahoo still wont, but at least part of the problem is solved. Thanks for having me. Jim :D

I all so welcome you .

I do have a question thou, do not be offended,are you using AOL by chance??

I ask this because I have helped two people who had a problems like this, the only way I could fix it was to uninstall Yahoo and then reinstall it.

I have yet to figure out what happened but once yahoo was reinstalled everything worked fine(still is)so you might try it.

• 8 months later...