Quick, Need Your Opinion!

donations  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for?

• A charity that uses the most of my buck
    • Don't mind as long as it is reasonable
    • I just do it to feel better, so I dont care at all
    • Only give to those that just use .01 of my dollar

When you donate to a charity do you prefer one that spends most possible amount of donation to the actualy help of w/e it is for.

In terms of a reasonable legit charity. Not talking about the ones that use .01 on the dollar of your money for their victims.

When you donate to a charity do you prefer one that spends most possible amount of donation to the actualy help of w/e it is for.

In terms of a reasonable legit charity. Not talking about the ones that use .01 on the dollar of your money for their victims.

Send your donation to me!

I use 100% of it! :lol:

I donate to charities that are well-known, and that (obviously) work toward a goal I believe in. The amount spent on overhead only matters if it is revealed to be outrageous and undefensible. And even then it's possible that it will still be the best choice, that no other well-known charity would be effective for that cause. Rather than worry about some percentage that may have hundreds of reasons for being what it is, I prefer to pay attention to what the charity is able to do for their cause.

So if "some" representitive calls asking for support for police in general, no. Even though I support law enforcement in general, I don't know who these particular people are, where they are, and how much, if any, they spend on the cause (and in my experience, they are never forthcoming with that information).

I also have very little to give so I am particular about who it goes to. I can't afford to give to every cause I believe in, regardless of what their financials are.

at the moment

there is a controversy

over the distribution of funds here in my country

it seems only 1 fifth goes to the collection cause

the rest creates bludgers

the ceo for one charitie i dont want to name

gets 2 and a half million for making statments to the press.

so isnt this a con trick

tho i contribute to a local

assoc and i do volinteer work

which ive done for 12 years

there is always some one trying to exploit the

sys

the only charities that do good work around the world

are the world city missions

marty

... the only charities that do good work around the world are the world city missions ...

Well, even if only 10% of your contribution eventually reaches the intended subjects, that's more than they'd get if no one was looking out for them.

There are lists of charities and the percentage spent on overhead, if that's how you want to judge them. I know there's an anual list in Forbes magazine, don't know if there's an online version at Forbes.com. I might check it later.