Go to Run and type regedit and press Enter. Navigate to that location in the registry and see if a name is listed. This could be caused by a corrupted install of a program or malware. I would go to the Malware section of this forum and read the directions and post a HijackThis log to be safe.

if you dont know what your doing you shouldnt

be in msconfig

or you will be back here quick

if msconfig allows you back

if you want to eliminate applis go to run type

services.msc

and disable them there

its a wonder some of the other posters havent given you a warning

if you knew how to use it

why did you post

marty

Go to Run and type regedit and press Enter. Navigate to that location in the registry and see if a name is listed. This could be caused by a corrupted install of a program or malware. I would go to the Malware section of this forum and read the directions and post a HijackThis log to be safe.

I just looked in the regedit & I found where it was and the "data" has just a blank space in it

startup2.jpg

like the other poster says it is hard to

pinpoint with out a name

and as he suggested try hjt scan

and any malware scan

some use an entry like this to track your surfing habits

if you have adaware try scanning and see if there are any

tracking cookies in the scan

i used to get them

but ive now set my cookies to block those entries

not a 100pc but better than it was

marty

DO NOT REMOVE, or alter the registry entry!

You can disable this safely from your startups but use a good Startup Mgr instead of msconfig.

Codestuff Starter

Since nothing shows under this "load" value in the registry, nothing is being loaded by it at the moment. Removing the entry with a startup manager will most likely take care of the problem but go thru with a HijackThis log just to make sure still.

The reason you get the squares is because your system doesn't recognize the font being used so it displays this as default.

There is a thing in there that I have no idea what it is, its first on the list

"RunNarrator" ... "Narrator.exe" ..."Registry-Def User RunOnce"

????

That's for Microsoft Narrator. It allows XP to talk to you.

Narrator is a text-to-speech utility for people who are blind or have low vision.

Using Narrator

Use Codestuff Starter to better analyze whats-what in your startup list, and more controlled method of removal. (linked in my first post)

MSCONFIG was never designed to be used as a permanent solution for startup programs, it's a troubleshooting tool that temporarily shuts down certain thing s to help diagnose boot issues. Using it for things other than what it was designed for, caused some major issues in previous OS's, I equate it to using PhotoShop to make your grocery lists.