Hello people, Gracie here.

I have a machine here that has an MS-6322 motherboard and Via chipset, for Intel socket 370 processor, which ships with one of the standard Bios Rom's, Award I think, but that is not the BIOS I am presented with when I boot the machine ( Viglen P800).

Instead I have something called Intel Boot Agent, ver 2.2, which really does not seem like a bios at all as it has only about 5 or 6 options, all of which are enable or disable, and offers no other screens to configure devices or change boot order, or any of the usual options available.

I looked on the board and see that the jumper for flashing the bios is in the unlocked position, so I think the BIOS has been flashed - but was it meant to be left with this Intel Agent in place or has something gone wrong? More to the point, can I put it right and if it is right already, how am I supposed to configure the system with the Boot Agent I wonder??

The machine boots up and behaves ok, the Intel Pro 100 NIC is fine but I can't get the integrated graphics driver to load,or the driver for the card that has replaced it, and the integrated sound is not coming through properly either, so wanted to disable these in BIOS and see what difference that makes.

all help appreciated :)

ah! s'ok it lies on top of the BIOS. I was being obedient and pressing Ctrl-S on bootup as the screen advised, so I got Boot Agent, but press Del as you would to access BIOS, and the standard Award screen pops up instead. :rolleyes:

well thank you Gracie - you are very welcome Gracie.

Hope this helps someone else too :)

Edited by gracie

Intel Boot Agent is NOT a BIOS utility, and is not meant to be used as one.

Info on Intel Boot Agent

Some more info on this

I believe that this is not in place of a BIOS utility, but it could be shown insted of...I think the answer may be in the command options available in the one link I gave above.

I can't be more certain without some research and I don't have the time right now, so hopefully the links I gave will help you sort this out.

Hahahaha.....

I thought so...but I was still reading and typing when you found out this to be true!

Good one Gracie, and glad we could figure that out (together, at different times..;) )

Hahahaha.....

I thought so...but I was still reading and typing when you found out this to be true!

Good one Gracie, and glad we could figure that out (together, at different times..;) )

well thanks Dave, I appreciate the effort. :)

Still not sure exactly what Boot Agent is, but will poke around a bit tomorrow perhaps.

That's two new things I have learned this week :thumbsup: .

night night now

:)

Our Pleasure Gracie!

I had written an original post that stated that I thought you may not have accessed the BIOS properly, and/or that this IBA was being displayed on TOP of the BIOS utility interface, but decided to can most of it.

Turns out that I was pretty much on the right track originally, but your persistence made all of that a mute point anyway.

Anytime we can be of service, just c'mon by and ask!

G'nite now.