Fact Or Fiction

Here are a few things to think about that you probably have often wondered about. Some you may just need to ponder on a bit!!

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in".. . but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

If Wiley E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the window?

Do you ever wonder why you gave me your e-mail address in the first place?

Why do they leave you in the room for so long, anyway?

One or more of the following:

A) Because they can.

B ) Power trip.

C) Over-booked.

D) Checking your medical history.

E) Finishing up with another patient (so the Doc doesn't have to wait for you to get ready -- see "B").

Edited by JDoors

Semantics and wordgames

[l=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics[/l]

Can you cry under water?

Cry out or weep tears? I do not see how the environment would affect the emotional response; although the mamalian diving response may affect the physical processes.

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

I always interpreted assasination as a specific type of murder; one specifically targeting a person because of their political or corporate position generally with an agenda against the state , political party, or corporation rather than the individual target.

Why do you have to "put your two cents in".. . but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Because two cents are more than one penny. This implies that "my opinion on the matter is more valuable than your thoughts on the matter.

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

As Jessie Jackson said in reference to his final conversation with Martin Luther King "The question is moot."

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

I have seen octagonal Pizza boxes. In the end it boils down to the economy of creating and shipping and storing the boxes not the efficient use of space when delivering the Pizza. While I would like to think that it had more to do with cost benefit analysis than design; I think it was because some female engineer got tired of the condition her pizzas were being delivered in. She also invented the heatwave bag used by Domino's as well as that little thing they stick in the middle to keep the cheese from sticking to the top of the box.

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Semantics, just plain old word games. It sounds the same but is different so it is funny . Like "Ewer sofa king wee tot did".

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

While it may have had to do with the need to develope materials for the wheels and bearings; it also had a lot to do with the changing demographics. For a long time travel was the privelege of the upper class who were willing to pay someone to load and transport their luggage . Those who did not were generally in good enough shape to carry their own. When I traveled while in the Army I often carried two loaded duffle bags totalling near two hundred pounds ; one strapped on my back and the other balanced on top of it. I remember jogging through more than one airport and a couple downtown streets that way .

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Because TV is On The Air.

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

There is an idiot born every day

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Well they leave the room a lot. Why wait for you to change. They can be doing important doctor things rather than making small talk.

Gotta go, The OL just suggested we go for a walk since it is below 85 for the first time in two weeks (yes our night time lows have been that hot).