Sony Trinitron Multiscang400 Monitor

I have very bad flicker right now the Monitor says the current resolution is 1280x1024 at 60hz but Windows

says 1280x1024 at 85hz (which is what it should be). This has alway been the resolution never had a problem. Until today any idea why this is happening. Also I had setup to not display harmful refresh rates now it does and the box is grayed out.

This is a old Monitor but it has served well I would like to keep it. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I have updated the Video driver but does not help. The only monitor driver available is win95. Window device manager at one time listed the monitor by name now it only says default.

Preston

exactly how old is it? (what I've found on google it's around 6 years I'm assuming and insanely expensive for a CRT) have you made sure the the cable is plugged in good? Have you tried it on other computers and have you tried other monitors on your computer? Sorry for the barage of qestions but this could help in fixing your problem.

Have you tried removing the monitor in Device Manager then rebooting to see if XP reloads the previous monitor drivers?

That is what I have not done thanks I would have never remembered to do that. Back in the old days of 98 that would have been the first thing I did.

exactly how old is it? (what I've found on google it's around 6 years I'm assuming and insanely expensive for a CRT) have you made sure the the cable is plugged in good? Have you tried it on other computers and have you tried other monitors on your computer? Sorry for the barage of qestions but this could help in fixing your problem.

Yes it was crazy expensive at the time but It was needed. I had just started doing freelance at home and it afforded me some serious realestate for that time period. Yes I tried a 17" samsung On this machine and it works fine. I have checked the cable.

xxkbxx video driver updated today.

Preston

Edited by rhema7

Problem solved it is amazing what you can do with a few hour sleep. The Option under settings/ advanced/display/ monitor (the ati control panel) allowed me to overide the refresh of monitor now it matches the settings/advanced/monitor settings. Thanks to all that had input.

Preston

Edited by rhema7