Speed Up Sharing On Home Network

I sometimes share some files on one computer so I can always acess them on my other ones. My only problem with this is that it takes forever for my computer to connect to the computer and navigate through the shared folders. I mean isnt a LAN supposed to be fast? Is there something I should be configuring to speed things up or is it just how its going to be.

From my learning experience of netowrk security, I read that Task Scheduler slows down the navigation through the folder. Don't remember the explanation, just that it does. Try disabling task scheduler service.

http://windowsheaven.wordpress.com/2006/02...-share-listing/

Speeding Up Share Viewing:

Tired of waiting to view the shares on other computers..this is a great tweak 4 u then. Basically, when you connect to another computer with Windows XP, it checks for any Scheduled tasks on that computer - a fairly useless task, but one that can add up to 30 seconds of waiting on the other end - not good! Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to disable this process. First, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace in the Registry. Below that, there should be a key called {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}. Just delete this, and after a restart, Windows will no longer check for scheduled tasks - mucho performance improvement!

PS: The author won’t be responsible for any crashing or misbehaviour of ur PC once you change your registry settings. It is highly advisable to backup your registry before making any changes.