I have this samsung monitor .... I go to boot up the computer and I can bearly see the web page ..... this monitor is three years old .... I can't believe it has gone bad so quickly ..... I'm using a monitor that I got with my very first puter ..... my CRT monitors are still working ..... can there be anything done with the samsung or is it a lost cause? :(

I checked out samsung site and the only speak of a backlight .... according to the link in this thread the replacement of a backlight is delicate.

I don't think it will be worth fixing if someone else has to do it ... :rolleyes:

I don't think it will be worth fixing if someone else has to do it ... :rolleyes:

I agree, new ones are getting two cheap. If I was you, I would try and fix it myself. My understanding its you can check to see if the inverter is bad using a voltage meter. May have to research on what the correct voltage for the inverter should be at(what leads need to be tested).

Yes I found that! I was going to post it .... great information ... this is definitely worth my while to fix it myself ....

I found this too check it out.... it has a lot of good info too .... still there is some question as whether it is the backlight or the invertor .... I can still see a dim image ... and it happen all of a sudden. Yesterday it was working fine .... today ...

I have a volt meter but I don't know how to check the volt on the invertor or how much volt there should be ... :wacko:

I will check into this .... according to the one site I can fix the monitor for $20 ..... first I have to take it apart and see what it looks like inside.

Yes I plan to take it apart before ordering .... I know it has a three year warranty ..... less than 90 days after the warranty expires it goes bad on me ... :blink:

I won't buy another samsung monitor .... I'll tell you that much .... -_-

Well I took my monitor apart .... had no problem finding the invertor, but finding/getting to the backlight is proving difficult. ... there are two strips of plastic on the top and bottom of the screen. There are connection wires that from each plastic strip that leads to the inverter, so I suppect there are possibly two backlights top and bottom.

I don't see how to get to the backlight .... I believe they are in those plastic housing along the top and bottom of the screen, but I'm not sure how to get them out yet.

The link I provide has great pictures on removing the inverter on a syncmaster, but nothing on changing the backlight on that model so far. The model they use in the backlight replacement guide is different from my unfortunately .... so that's were I'm at right now ... :blink:

since you are able to get at the inverter, I would test that first. Maybe your backlights are not the problem. I am not sure what voltages you are supposed to check for, but you could see if it is giving any power. MY understanding is they are high voltages, so be careful.

since you are able to get at the inverter, I would test that first. Maybe your backlights are not the problem. I am not sure what voltages you are supposed to check for, but you could see if it is giving any power. MY understanding is they are high voltages, so be careful.

I would like to get more information on how to check for power before doing anything like that. It might even be easier to replace it and see what happens. :blink:

Besides I think it's the backlight that is the problem .... it fit the symtoms .... dim/fant picture ....

... does anyone know how or where I could get techinal or sevice data on the SyncMaster 151S (GG15LSVN) that would give info on how to remove the backlight(s)? :unsure:

Good news! .... I found the backlights and figure out how to get them out.

Using the diagram at the site link I posted I was able to get the monitor apart.

I had to take the metal part housing the inverter off, but I did not remove the main cable. I found two very small screws near the wires that hook up to the backlights. I removed those wires and was able to simply and carefully pull out the two backlights .... one at the top the other at the bottom.

Now all I need to do is figure out the correct replacement part. Any suggestions?

I'm going to check those links for parts and see what I come up with.

There's no screws, clips or end caps that hold the baclight in?

Yes there are two small screws that hold the backlight in .... now I need to figure out the correct replacement .... any ideas ... so far I haven't been able to figure out a part number ....

Yeah I check them out .... even called them he gave me this part number .... MS20324 .... when I look it up it was a replacement for a laptop ....

I guess my best bet is to measure .... it's 13" .... 33m .... so it would be 330mm?

It can be shorter but not longer ...

This place looks like the place to go ... so far .... :unsure:

I need some help .... I'm a bit confused about this measuring method ....

check it out

Now I can see the metal ends on the lamp without removing the rubber ends .... if I can see the metal ends of the lamp why would I want to include one of the rubber ends in my measurement? :wacko:

Help :unsure:

I had a guy on another board state he never had to change the backlight on a monitor only the inverter .... now I would like to test the inverter ... but how .... once more if I do need an inverter how do I go about finding the part. The place I check doesn't have my model listed .... so the problem remains finding the right part(s) and detemining whether the inverter is bad.

I get a dim image .... but because it when out all of a sudden I am wondering about the inverter .... is it possible to get a dim image if the inverter is bad?