How To Change Title Bars Of Windows?

Hey all,

I was wondering if it was possible to change a programs title bar or just any window's title bar to your own?

Clipboard.jpg

for IE?....do you have spybot search & destroy?

open up spybot search & destroy.

go to tools, IE tweaks. you can put what you like.

IE twaeks is the 4th. icon down...looks like a little earth.

use the box that say internet explorer custom title.

Edited by bearskin

It'd have to be a utility running constantly in the background, intercepting internal Windows messages, and altering every program on-the-fly. That'd be a dangerously powerful program, especially considering a large number of applications do not adhere to the proper Windows protocols (programmers often try to do things "better"). That utility might intercept the title bar text, try to change it to what you've specified, but the program doesn't use the proper protocols and you'd get a crash instead.

I recall exactly that type of utility from back in the 3.x days and it didn't catch on then, partly for the reason stated above.

www.autohotkey.com

You may need some kind of programming knowledge. What this does is make really simple to really advance scripts fairly easily. I use it all the time for tasks. It has a function you are looking for "WinSetTitle"

If you feel you are up to it, you can give it a try, the forums there are very helpful too if you need the asssitance.