Hello,

I received another one of those E-Mails promising cheap software and just-for-kicks (and to test my antivirus) I went to the site. Decent looking page with extremely cheap software (i.e. XP Pro for $65 (I got XP Home Retail direct from Microsoft for $69 in the past)

I'm mainly interested for Adobe products (mostly InDesign) I'm guessing these are bootleg? Nothing is cheap for a reason...

so, what's the worst that could happen?

HERE'S THE LINK

Here's the site

the worst that could happen is you get sued by adobe.

You want it cheap look here: http://www.academicsuperstore.com/item/?tn...e+Suite+Premium

you don't need kid or have to be a student or even teach just say you are buying for a friends kids or a family member. Cheap and legit.

Preston

Edited by rhema7

1. You pay for it, it never comes and you find out you have no recourse against a vendor in Russia.

2. You order it, it arrives and you find it is the Mandarin Chinese OEM version.

3. You order it, it arrives and you find it is an OEM promotional version which expires in thirty days and then you have to buy a full license to access your files.

4. You order it, get it and then start seeing mysterious charges appear on your credit card. By the time you get through canceling the card and disputing the charges you find you have a three year battle to clear your name and get new credit.

1. You pay for it, it never comes and you find out you have no recourse against a vendor in Russia.

2. You order it, it arrives and you find it is the Mandarin Chinese OEM version.

3. You order it, it arrives and you find it is an OEM promotional version which expires in thirty days and then you have to buy a full license to access your files.

4. You order it, get it and then start seeing mysterious charges appear on your credit card. By the time you get through canceling the card and disputing the charges you find you have a three year battle to clear your name and get new credit.

Ouch - definitly won't be doing anything like that

I knew something had to be bad, I just hate having to pay so much for programs :)

Ouch - definitly won't be doing anything like that

I knew something had to be bad, I just hate having to pay so much for programs :)

Did you check out the link I posted for adobe creative suite http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/m...l?PartNo=731431.

Under 400 buck is the steal of a lifetime I buy all my software there. Do the math it is just as cheap as the questionable stuff on the site you posted.

Preston

I would adivse against taking anything you got from spam seriously. My grandmother fell for one of those and she got scammed for $200. If you do try to get that "Cheap software" you will probably pay and it will never come or they will use you credit card or bank information to put you in debt.

Be Careful of what you see on the net.

JPMK12

I think this statement in their FAQ's section says it all...

What about Automatic Updates?

Even though you are not able to register the product online you will be able to receive automatic updates of the programs. When updates are ready to install you will see a popup window or an icon at the right bottom corner of your screen. Then you have to click on the icon and follow the instructions.

Anytime that you can NOT register a program you've purchased with the program's company, it's pretty much gauranteed that it's an ILLEGAL copy.

I think this statement in their FAQ's section says it all...
What about Automatic Updates?

Even though you are not able to register the product online you will be able to receive automatic updates of the programs. When updates are ready to install you will see a popup window or an icon at the right bottom corner of your screen. Then you have to click on the icon and follow the instructions.

Anytime that you can NOT register a program you've purchased with the program's company, it's pretty much gauranteed that it's an ILLEGAL copy.

slightly :)