Ubuntu Internet Explorer

I use FF, but I need to do some online training. Some of these sites only work with IE. I am using wine. I get an error about setup is unable to download the required componants.....need some helparound this.

Looked for a site wite IE but all I found were sites or links to the setup which would then download the whole app.

M

I am also trying to do this for school (one class uses an activeX mathXL plugin, and another requires IE for submitting assighnments). Unfortunately the closest I've gotten to a working IE was installing it through Crossover Office. If you have access to a windows system you can try pulling the missing components from it (I doubt this would work but may be worth a try).

Good luck, Mike! I guess that is why I keep one windows box around at home, for situations where you absolutely need windows. I still need to use my one windows box for some of my company work. Thankfully my company is moving towards using web centric software where I'll be able to log-on, use my Linux boxes.

My daughter likes her Windows box...........sigh.

there is an extension for firefox called IE tab which switches it from the FF engine to the IE engine.

IE Tab

I know it works in windows but I don't know about Linux.

(Man I need to get a new PSU for my Compaq so I can use FC4 on it. It's only 200w and still runnin a 5700 ultra but I'm scared an extra HDD will consume too much power and cause reboots plus I hate partitioning)

I use FF, but I need to do some online training. Some of these sites only work with IE. I am using wine. I get an error about setup is unable to download the required componants.....need some helparound this.

Looked for a site wite IE but all I found were sites or links to the setup which would then download the whole app.

M

in Crossover IE works but activeX no,

I use Vmware and with vmware player free now, its a good choice. but here is what I did..

I wrote rhe schools about standards, and about why they need to stick with standards or their degree is worthless. and Wc3 is the standard not IE.

I go to Strayeronline, and the only thing IE is needed for is the new secure test systems.. but I explain to all instructors that I have no windows box to run it (it woll not run on a Mac or Linux even with IE), and I have been given wavers to test that way (as a matter of fact I have not had a teacher who onced explaned to as why a windows only method is bad, make any use it..

good luck I know your stuck, and I hope it pisses you off enought that you complain to the school.