Removal Of Complusmetadata.mscorhost

Norton SystemWorks keeps telling me that I have an invalid ActiveX/COM entry of ComPlusMetaData.MSCorHost in my Windows 2000 registry are invalid. However, it is unable to correct the problem.

Also, I can't remove the keys or the data with RegEdit [even tried in the Safe Mode] or RegEdt32.

[i have a suspicion that our friends at MicroSoft has stucked these into my laptop.]

What are they for?

Is it safe to remove them?

How do I remove them?

Thanks!

Norton SystemWorks keeps telling me that I have an invalid ActiveX/COM entry of ComPlusMetaData.MSCorHost in my Windows 2000 registry are invalid. However, it is unable to correct the problem.

Also, I can't remove the keys or the data with RegEdit [even tried in the Safe Mode] or RegEdt32.

[i have a suspicion that our friends at MicroSoft has stucked these into my laptop.]

What are they for?

Is it safe to remove them?

How do I remove them?

Thanks!

Try this site for help www.spywareinfo.com You might get more respones if you post this in the spywae or adware forums

Mark

Edited by garmanma
Try this site for help www.spywareinfo.com You might get more respones if you post this in the spywae or adware forums

Mark

Hi, We also deal with spyware/adware problems. Nassau62 can post a HJT log in our HijackThis logs forum they don't need to go to another forum. B)

Download HJT from here:

http://www.besttechie.net/tools/HijackThis.exe

Post the log in here:

http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showforum=6

B