I've Got $1000...

Hey all! I'm starting a project for my computer apps class, and I'd like some reccomendations! :) The project is we are to find 4 computers to compare, and then choose from the 4 on which to buy. The price limit for an individual system is $1000 USD. This must include taxes, shipping, etc. I would like some system reccomendations from you guys. I also have the option to select to build y own system (but this can only be 1 of the four systems being compared). If you guys think that is a good way to go, I'd like some tips on parts to buy. But, these parts must be complete. I would need to include everything from the case to the speakers, the monitor to the sound card--everything to have a fully functioning system. Parts can come from any online store. If you guys have even built your own system and it falls in this price range, feel free to share that too! So, if any of you guys and gals have some ideas for this project, I'd like to hear 'em! :D Remember my price ceiling is $1000. Let the imaginations flow! :lol:

Thanks everyone!

Matt

Do you get extra credit for keeping the price down for any said system? Or do you need to spend the $1000 for the best system? You know you can kick butt with a "built" system.... Who decides if a CRT or LCD is the best bang for your buck? Or size of monitor for example? Whatcha gonna do with the system? Does that include nessasary software? For what? accounting? Publishing? Graphics? Oooh jeesch! I could go on and on.......

Well, the goal is to just get the "best" system we can with the $1000. "Best" would be decided by me. I will submit the 4 systems I chose to look at, and then describe why I chose the one I did. It's basically all on me, as long as I back up why I chose a certain one. The general idea of a type of system we're looking for is a high performance home computer. That could mean great graphics cards, or high end processors. I was just interested in systems you guys liked, maybe that could give me some more ideas. I've looked at many systems, mainly from Dell (this is due to the fact that many companies don't even offer PCs for as low of a price as 1k). I personally would like a 64 bit processor incoorporated, large HDD, and lots of memory. Just to give you all an idea...

Thanks again. I'll also continue the hunt through some PC sites. :D

Matt

MMM you have NewEgg.com on your side, and TigerDirect.com also. Try to get a pormo code, there is one site that have all site promo code but i lost it that link.

For Case, you can get them from swap meet and buy them for 5 bucks, while you at swap meet, try to find a good parts there

Hey all! I'm starting a project for my computer apps class, and I'd like some reccomendations! :) The project is we are to find 4 computers to compare, and then choose from the 4 on which to buy. The price limit for an individual system is $1000 USD. This must include taxes, shipping, etc. I would like some system reccomendations from you guys. I also have the option to select to build y own system (but this can only be 1 of the four systems being compared). If you guys think that is a good way to go, I'd like some tips on parts to buy. But, these parts must be complete. I would need to include everything from the case to the speakers, the monitor to the sound card--everything to have a fully functioning system. Parts can come from any online store. If you guys have even built your own system and it falls in this price range, feel free to share that too! So, if any of you guys and gals have some ideas for this project, I'd like to hear 'em! :D Remember my price ceiling is $1000. Let the imaginations flow! :lol:

Thanks everyone!

Matt

I just bought my sweetie this desktop from

PC Club

I also threw in a 19 inch Samsung 914 from

Best Buy

Total came to around $900 after rebates. That would leave you with a little money for speakers.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

Try comparing Viscious PC, Alienware, Dell and parts from newegg. Alienware makes cheaper systems now.

In a class I was in we had a $2000 limit for 2 systems. HP Gateway and other major places were blocked. Only Dell wasn't. I told people to use Viscious PC cause it was easier to figure out than Alienware or Falcon-NW. Only the lesser known and gaming computer websites weren't blocked. I did mine at home cause unlike the rest of the class I wasn't computer illiterate and knew what I was doin. I compared building a system from parts from Newegg and TigerDirect